The true recreational fisherman are getting BLINDSIDED

are you my financial planner now?, lmao, how do you know where or what my investments are?....holmes*

just assuming that since you are willing to give away the halibut resource to anyone that shows up that you are not invested in the industry.

Fish 4 all as I implied Alberta is not the only prov with gas and oil revenue and again your own Govt is giving thse BC residents a raw deal. And this all points to the fact that we all should be owners of the resources of this country and same as with the halibut we squak a lot but no govt gives a tinker's damn what we think.

giving what residents a raw deal?

wow are we in the freshwater forum, lol,...fishing and access to fish(besides the grocery store) are fundamental canadian rites that are engrained in our heritage, for that rite to be taken away for commercial purpose is JUST PLAIN WRONG, pretty simple really, isnt it?, ive got no issue with ding dong, i feel that he has been helpful and sincere, although cryptic at times, but he explained it was for a reason....holmes*

BAN JETS ON THE STAMP!! lol

Joking boys joking.

Can some one tell me what the TAC in pounds of halibut is for BC?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you say so. There will be change, that is for certain, however without consensus nothing will change. I can stop posting today, I can stop pointing to areas worth investigating, and I can just live my normal life without effect, whether you or anyone else continue to protest. Consensus.[/QUOTE

Once again we ask you in which forum is the consensus going to come? Still waiting? Another process- Oh that's right Randy Kamp & yes another process in the year 2012? We'll sit down again & will anything come of this process?
I'm not trying to come off as nasty person but seriously there is a real injudicious here in both the process and to the Canadian people. It's not right how "DFO" and the "Conservative Goverment" have handled the voting public on this issue-

I suppose the best thing anyone can do, is simply see, or hear, read, listen, review and observe from a stand point of a higher focal; not meaning above oneself or another, but by involving, inviting, engaging. In the history of fishing has there ever been no enemies? How can anyone expect to accomplish growth in a hostile environment. Secondly there needs to be an education in the development of determine the definition of the role the sportfishing sector plays in the use of a shared common property resource. HINT; Indians are of sovereign nations and have a common right to fish for food and ceremonial purpose, however must act under license when participating in commerce of a commercial fishery. Sport fisherman as named under rec. license do not hold the same rights as applied by the act of their individual persons contract. You will not gain consensus while you are in protest and not in negotiation with all stakeholders. DFO is mandated at this point to hold to which has already been agreed prior to.

Well Fish 4 All I take it that you have not had much conversation with some of the N/E BC residents. The few that I did chat with were not overly impressed about the way they were treated provincially.

Well Fish 4 All I take it that you have not had much conversation with some of the N/E BC residents. The few that I did chat with were not overly impressed about the way they were treated provincially.

nope i live on the coast. but if you are referring to the logging industry up there i would use the same arguement of cutting trees to build my house.

Sadly Ding Dong you speak the truth and it angers a lot of us because we trusting voters do not want to accept that fact.

Well Fish4 All you should start to make friends inland as with global warming soon about to put the coasts under water our future generations may be fishing for halibut in Saskchewan.

Well Fish4 All you should start to make friends inland as with global warming soon about to put the coasts under water our future generations may be fishing for halibut in Saskchewan.

pretty sure we will be dead by then but who knows. besides i have a big enough boat to live on. :)

Well I must put my dukes down and wipe the rabid froth from my lips and get some sleep as tomorrow is another day training BC residents how to drive the heavy haulers we use to mine all our money. I do not work directly in gas and oil but I am assisting "outsiders" in getting trained so they too can benefit from the resources. Nite Folks.

[is hunting moose and elk your rite as well?/QUOTE]

What are you on??? this is about fishing not hunting hunting is provincal and fisheries federal and yes it is my right to kill big game as well if you have the proper lic. in order and a season ..
You my friend are nothing but a trouble maker and really not worth the time of day so go away would you ..... you do not do anything constructive on this forum and DONT contribute to enhancing it either, PERSONALLY I think you should be banned as you hardly ever make sense....
My 2 cents for the day....

Wolf

[is hunting moose and elk your rite as well?/QUOTE]

What are you on??? this is about fishing not hunting hunting is provincal and fisheries federal and yes it is my right to kill big game as well if you have the proper lic. in order and a season ..
You my friend are nothing but a trouble maker and really not worth the time of day so go away would you ..... you do not do anything constructive on this forum and DONT contribute to enhancing it either, PERSONALLY I think you should be banned as you hardly ever make sense....
My 2 cents for the day....

Wolf

I am well aware that this is a fishing site. The point was it is a privledge to access fish, moose, elk pretty much everything we hunt, fish or kill. Reguardless of how you look at it any time you invoke a license you are a) privitizing an resource b) it becomes a privledge rather than a right.

I appreciate that you may not agree with some of my posts and that is fine, but as long as the coalition is running around spreading 1/2 truths people like me are going to take the time to put our side of the story out. And if you feel that anyone who disagrees with your position should be banned then start a private site and bs each other.

I appreciate that you may not agree with some of my posts and that is fine, but as long as the coalition is running around spreading 1/2 truths people like me are going to take the time to put our side of the story out. And if you feel that anyone who disagrees with your position should be banned then start a private site and bs each other.
1/2 truths...you mean like the ones spewed by yourself, Shea, DFO, Duncan etc when you pull out that conservation card??? You can interchange 'coalition' with 'commie interests' and then you see our side too!

1/2 truths...you mean like the ones spewed by yourself, Shea, DFO, Duncan etc when you pull out that conservation card??? You can interchange 'coalition' with 'commie interests' and then you see our side too!

I try to see both sides. From what I can see we all want more fish.

As for conservation I have some strong views on that. As stated many times before the stock has dropped 45% over the last few years and even farther in the north this year. If your idea of conservation is taking a reduction only when the stocks hit the wall and it is closed for everyone then I would say that the fishery is unsustainable.

You mean, kind of like... Hunting is now covered under the Fisheries Act? :)

Or, do you really mean the commercial (YOUR) TAC has decreased, due to the weight dropping, while the population in Area 2B, has actually increased? Nothing 1/2 true there? LOL

A few other people have pulled out the conservation card too. David Suzuki foundation, Marine Conservation Caucus and Living Ocens Society to name a few. If any groups have lobby power it's these guys, to bad they are not on side with the rec sector. Time to clean up this sector guys.

Back