The true recreational fisherman are getting BLINDSIDED

Never did I say the word troll to you, but I did detect that you sort came across with you tail over your head like a scorpion. I state as I see and leave it at that.

Never did I say the word troll to you, but I did detect that you sort came across with you tail over your head like a scorpion. I state as I see and leave it at that.

When you imply, it is the same as making a statement of fact.

Fish4all I got your comment about the east of the rockies **** and I will have you know that many BC residents are enjoying the benefits of our economy here and they are most welcome. We are able to do something for them which your Government can't and that is provide jobs other than growing pot and being on welfare. Right now the feds are going to give to a gifted few the remaining jobs in BC that provided an honest days work for those entrepreneurs that chose to. That is self employed guides. You know you would probably welcome also to a job here if you had a working bone in your body. By the way Have a nice day.

Gunsmith;
I know a few guides and guess what they grow weed in the offseason and use guiding to show income so they can still get a mortgage from the bank but hey what ever works. Pretty sure a few of them get paid in a fair bit of undeclared cash as well.

My point is that for the majority of commercial halibut fishermen they have had to pay yup thats right PAY for the PRIVLEDGE to access the halibut resource and that is how they make a living. The day before the allocation announcement was made the SFI and SFAB reps at the salmon meetings got great fun in taunting the commercial fishermen about how they were going to take the halibut away just as they took the spring salmon away from the troll fleet. Guess what it didn't turn out so good for those fine upstanding folks this time. And to be honest in the name of conservation and common sense I support the decision 110%.

Ding dong, whomever he/she is, is on the right track. You want change then get some new reps at the table and lets get this worked out.

In the meantime clean up the recreational fishery.

Ding Dong you are acting like a rabid dog and lashing out at everybody, I do not feel that I even implied that. Let it go and cool down.
Fish 4 all I see your side to a point but I fail to see where you or any other human being should have any more rights than the other.
I have worked and paid my taxes for 42 yrs and resent any one with money buying out a public resource to their own benefit. And to the person who hide behind the guise of providing the human masses with something to eat B/S they would not be doing it for free.

Ding Dong you are acting like a rabid dog and lashing out at everybody, I do not feel that I even implied that. Let it go and cool down.
Fish 4 all I see your side to a point but I fail to see where you or any other human being should have any more rights than the other.
I have worked and paid my taxes for 42 yrs and resent any one with money buying out a public resource to their own benefit. And to the person who hide behind the guise of providing the human masses with something to eat B/S they would not be doing it for free.

So then, what you are stating is that it is ok for everyone else who rides me, bashes me, or lashes out at me is fair? Even though I have made a few posts in this single day, "today", and not at any other time other than today; whereas all other have been a continuance from the start of my sharing. Nice, great community you all have here, no one willing to review other ideas, thoughts or views unless said to share the same queer ideals. Hhmmm, thanks for standing me in the corner with my back to the class with a cone shaped dunce cap forced to wear. Kindness.

Edit to add further dialog; a question or statement about rights, that is part of your issue here, and genuine in my observation and points in the past. Many of you are mistaking your role with regard to sportfishing and the rights of a sovereign human being. The confusion is what is hindering your resolve of this issue. That is all for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Because the gov set it up so they had to buy that right in order to survive. I see from your profile you are in FT McMoney. I am guessing that you are someway involved in the oil industry. How would you like it if all us folk from BC showed up to stake our claim and that takes 10-20% of your income away. Are you going to sit there smile and say oh well it's a canadian resource and it should be free to all canadians. Yeah right. And if you are in the oil service industry are you going to just pack up and go quietly... I think not.

I like your point "the guise of providing the human masses with something to eat" it's got as many holes in it as "I am just a taxi driver taking someone to the fish".

Yes -seems there are a few of you guys today that have woken up on the wrong side of the bed- Or is it perhaps you are seeing the writing on the wall :)

If you say so. There will be change, that is for certain, however without consensus nothing will change. I can stop posting today, I can stop pointing to areas worth investigating, and I can just live my normal life without effect, whether you or anyone else continue to protest. Consensus.

To be honest Ding Dong I may not have said anthing about what was said does not mean that I agreed what was said. You have your opinions and I do not disagree with them but you cannot force everyone here to agree with you and in your frustration you lashed out at me, and even that does not put me against you. In this argument nobody wins except those who prey on our weakness.

Ok, enough! What is it that you all are trying to accomplish? Examine it, evaluate it! Be smart about it! I mean really, give it a ******* rest! Look at this scenario from all sides and be prepared to recognize that there is no such thing as "GIFTED" any more. I am not a commercial, nor a slipper, I am not a guide or a lodge entity. Grow past your blinders and wake up! Not one of you see that you will not accomplish a single issue away from the table. Get back to the ******* table and negotiate. I have wasted enough time offer my ideas, I can't care less if you ever figure it out. Get back to the table, you got exactly what you gave(at least what your reps gave). There are other opportunities for sovereigns, how ever it is a life that many are not prepared to accept.

Im starting to like you ding dong SFAB wasted 7 years acomplished DICK ALL

Hey fish 4 all actually some of that money has already been taken and paved into your highways and paid into many other services and I accept that as a fact of life. Wake up and smell the coffee! Either as Canadians we all share or we throw in the damned towell and go it on our own and forget sharing anything!

To be honest Ding Dong I may not have said anthing about what was said does not mean that I agreed what was said. You have your opinions and I do not disagree with them but you cannot force everyone here to agree with you and in your frustration you lashed out at me, and even that does not put me against you. In this argument nobody wins except those who prey on our weakness.

Ah, yes; simply we are reminded, "Divide and conquer" was part of a statement that you made regarding my words, that helped to develop your words as my target. How far can an individual be pushed, before he will simply push back? I guess, today was my day; if you don't like my push, then don't push me. Please read my previous posts and find me attacking or calling names for what other have posted. You won't discover this.

Don't forget fish for all BC has Ft St John Cash and Ft Nelson Rockefeller from WHICH YOUR OWN Govt pulls out most of the money and stuffs it up their Victorian asses and provide very little in return for those citizens up there.

Gunsmith;
I know a few guides and guess what they grow weed in the offseason and use guiding to show income so they can still get a mortgage from the bank but hey what ever works. Pretty sure a few of them get paid in a fair bit of undeclared cash as well.

My point is that for the majority of commercial halibut fishermen they have had to pay yup thats right PAY for the PRIVLEDGE to access the halibut resource and that is how they make a living. The day before the allocation announcement was made the SFI and SFAB reps at the salmon meetings got great fun in taunting the commercial fishermen about how they were going to take the halibut away just as they took the spring salmon away from the troll fleet. Guess what it didn't turn out so good for those fine upstanding folks this time. And to be honest in the name of conservation and common sense I support the decision 110%.

Ding dong, whomever he/she is, is on the right track. You want change then get some new reps at the table and lets get this worked out.

In the meantime clean up the recreational fishery.

AGREE 100% im starting to like you

Have it your way Ding Dong.

Don't forget fish for all BC has Ft St John Cash and Ft Nelson Rockefeller from WHICH YOUR OWN Govt pulls out most of the money and stuffs it up their Victorian asses and provide very little in return for those citizens up there.

can you explain this one a little better

If you say so. There will be change, that is for certain, however without consensus nothing will change. I can stop posting today, I can stop pointing to areas worth investigating, and I can just live my normal life without effect, whether you or anyone else continue to protest. Consensus.[/QUOTE

Once again we ask you in which forum is the consensus going to come? Still waiting? Another process- Oh that's right Randy Kamp & yes another process in the year 2012? We'll sit down again & will anything come of this process?
I'm not trying to come off as nasty person but seriously there is a real injudicious here in both the process and to the Canadian people. It's not right how "DFO" and the "Conservative Goverment" have handled the voting public on this issue-

If you say so. There will be change, that is for certain, however without consensus nothing will change. I can stop posting today, I can stop pointing to areas worth investigating, and I can just live my normal life without effect, whether you or anyone else continue to protest. Consensus.[/QUOTE

Once again we ask you in which forum is the consensus going to come? Still waiting? Another process- Oh that's right Randy Kamp & yes another process in the year 2012? We'll sit down again & will anything come of this process?
I'm not trying to come off as nasty person but seriously there is a real injudicious here in both the process and to the Canadian people. It's not right how "DFO" and the "Conservative Goverment" have handled the voting public on this issue-

they have handled it exactly as they should have until the rec sector steps up and becomes accountable and responsible for all their removals.

Fish 4 all as I implied Alberta is not the only prov with gas and oil revenue and again your own Govt is giving thse BC residents a raw deal. And this all points to the fact that we all should be owners of the resources of this country and same as with the halibut we squak a lot but no govt gives a tinker's damn what we think.

wow are we in the freshwater forum, lol,...fishing and access to fish(besides the grocery store) are fundamental canadian rites that are engrained in our heritage, for that rite to be taken away for commercial purpose is JUST PLAIN WRONG, pretty simple really, isnt it?, ive got no issue with ding dong, i feel that he has been helpful and sincere, although cryptic at times, but he explained it was for a reason....holmes*

so you agree that the commercial guides taking the majority of the allocation is just plain wrong? Good on ya holmes..

pretty sure the only group with the rites are fn, that is why you need a sports license in order to fish and that makes it a privledge.

Back