The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Jimmy, quite often I do but we've already got 4 guys plus myself confirmed so we're packed to the teets on this particular trip. More than happy to offer up a seat next time the boat is not packed however. stay in touch

Got word of 3 more nice fish off the QB to West Van this morning. Hatchery Clipped.

heading to tunstall sat,, anyone else? me and slivo:cool: channel 6 ?

Hey Trophy bro I would be careful. Saturday is calling for a northwest wind which makes it nasty to cross to bowen. I learned this the hard way. I would check the weather in the AM before you launch.

Besides you do not want to damage the pretty rig of yours

weather looks decent for tomorrow so I'll be heading out with a crew in the mid-morning for the day. Tides aren't the best for the day but not much I can do about that at this point. Will report back after the day is over. Hope to see a few other boats out there. Forecast is for sun in the morn and winds quite tame.

Well, wish I had better things to report but a report is just that.... a report. Heading out this AM mid morn and fished QB and the freighters dragging bottom with flasher/spoon set ups on either side. No bite (other than flounder) for a couple hours and then we moved to Cap/pink apts for the tide change and tried for another 2.5 hrs with no a sniff. Good to see about another 10-12 boats out there but I didn't see 1 piece of chrome to the boat and was on the radio with a few buddies so I think it was slow for all unless I somehow missed something in front of my eyes. We were trolling in 100-140 ft at bottom. Nothing on the sounder either.

The positive was that it was a beauty day out there (flat calm and sunny breaks) and we did get into a nice haul of prawns and crabs which is always a nice consolation prize.

If anyone else was out in Vancouver today and had any luck let us know. I think I saw a few boats heading up to Bowen (thurston bay) so hopefully the bite was on up there.

Tried between the Pink Apartment and the Cap for a couple hours late afternoon today. Pretty quiet. Released one and had a shot at one small keeper that turned into a 10 minute battle with a seal who had been following me for the prior 25 minutes. Based on what I brought aboard, it was pretty clear who ultimately won the battle for dinner ...

IMG00082-20110205-1632.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Teja, that thing looks f'n gnarly! hoping the action picks up a bit in the next little while. cheers

tryed tunstall for a couple loops. notta,, tried aroud hutt, notta, dint see anyone catchin, it was a beauty day out. was actually rougher at 6 a.m. on the run out than 2 pm on the way back,,, too bad about that gill plate, looks like that was the only salmon caught.

caught quite a few hake tho... big suckas too.

Ya, I think Saturday was a pretty bunk day for most of us out on the water... other than the sunshine and flat seas of course. Prawning and crabbing were good as usual but Chrome was tough to come by. Pretty typical for winter fishing though as I've found it to be quite spotty were some days (like this Saturday) nobody hits a thing and then other days the fish are there and biting... hopefully like this coming Saturday when I try my luck again. If anyone is heading out this week any updates would be nice. Wish I was out on the water today in this sunshine but work seems to get in the way of midweek fishing quite often

i will prolly try cap, and the bay:cool:

I'll be out there...between that and the boat show... LOL.

what boat will u b in fm / i will be in my trophy pro green top. we hit 4 springs last weekend.killed one 77 cm about 9 lbs

what boat will u b in fm / i will be in my trophy pro green top. we hit 4 springs last weekend.killed one 77 cm about 9 lbs

I'll be on a 28' Grady Sailfish or a bud's 18'5 Campion. If it's coming down in buckets with a blowin' SE (like the forecast says it is going to), I'm going to scrub. I'll do the boat show instead.

10-4 to that. it coming down hard now. will check forecast in am crossing fingers

:cool:was out saturday with one other boat,, musta been rcmp training day,, got myself a free safety inspection,, what right do they have to come on my boat and enter it if i am able to show them everything required:confused:? Pissed me off a little:mad:. understand they are doing their job. but cheese i felt a little bullied out there. he said he just wanted to go in to have somewhere to write,, what if i had said no?:D

trophywife, you bring anything else aboard other than RCMP or was it pretty slow out there again? I didn't make it out this weekend as planned but the latest reports have not been too hot. thx

caught a buzz after they left:rolleyes: that was all,,, prawns and crabbies was good tho

Back