The Fraser Recovery Plan! :)

Charlie

Yea, this stupid Yank is starting ****, again! :D
But this just might work? [V]

IMHO - You don’t need any more organizations, you have enough already! Just use them! But ask - How many of that over one half of the 130,000 First Nations citizens on the Fraser do you think the Union of BC Indian Chiefs can they get to sign a petition? And, how many British Columbia citizens can “you” get to sign a petition?

A petition asking for all the following organizations be able to join and be assigned appropriate representation and positions on the ‘The Pacific Fisheries Resource Conservation Council’(PFRCC). Did I leave anyone out? That they (PFRCC) be assigned as a permanent ‘Partner’ on the Fraser River Estuary Management Program (FREMP) and Fisheries and Oceans Canada turn over all management and harvest issues to be directly administered by “The Pacific Fisheries Resource Conservation Council’ working in conjunction with FREMP! Fisheries and Oceans can monitor and provide continue support through their existing programs, such as hatchery, SEP, etc!

FYI… the balls in your court! I have already sent this to Minister Shea and it has been read – but no response, yet! Shea, Gail - M.P. [Shea.G@parl.gc.ca]

And, no I am not writing the petition! :D

TheFraserPlan_Page_1.jpg

TheFraserPlan_Page_2.jpg

TheFraserPlan_Page_3.jpg

TheFraserPlan_Page_4.jpg

TheFraserPlan_Page_5.jpg

TheFraserPlan_Page_6.jpg

I totally agree with everything you say Charlie, we already have far
too many organizations working at cross purposes towards too many
different agendas! The problem however is that petitions don't work in
this country unlike yours. A perfect example is a petition presently
underway in the province of British Columbia against the Harmonized
Sales Tax, at last count over 600,000 British Colombians have signed
the petition against implementation of the tax and yet
the provincial government is preparing to go ahead with it anyway. That
should tell you something about how effective petitions are in this
country, they are totally useless!

Agree MILLERT and much respect what you have to say Charlie,
and thx for digging that up for us, but seems like yer better off talking to a brick wall.
A total (and impossible) reform is whats required me thinks.
Damn charlie you put that in as a picture I cant copy the text [V].......yet. I would have made sure that The not so Hon. Shea saw it again (or her lackies).... but I would have added that I would like her to resign as well as the media propaganda FN announcement. If we keep getting them to resign might hit one that knows or gives a chit [xx(]

Those organizations listed very much are making recommendations to Fisheries and Oceans – as we speak! However, none have the ability to make policy. Meaning right now all those organizations are in an advisory capacity to, and concerning the Fraser. None is the actual decision maker. That would be only your federal agencies through and in the name of Parliament. If you are looking at a complete reform... that would take and be an act of Parliament! Good luck on that one – that would be like me petitioning Congress to get rid of the ‘Declaration of Independence’!

In either or any case, the first step will be a petition. A petition actually does work the same and just as well in Canada. It is nothing more than a request to change something and made to a government official or public entity. The petition should only ask for the right of the decision making process be given to local organizations who have ‘first hand knowledge’ and ‘working relationships’ within a concerned area. That is what both Alaska and River’s Inlet have accomplished! The more signatures on the prepetition, the stronger the request. :)

Concerning wanting to copy, if you look I didn’t write anything, that is all cut and paste. That was just the easiest way to keep the format. All the links are listed! If you want drop me a pm, I can send in any format - Word or PDF?.

Shea is not the problem... she is only an appointed official acting in the best interest of ‘Canada’! Doing as mandated by ‘Ottawa’ – her boss! However, in that capacity, I believe she does have the ability to give decision-making authority to others! She (Fisheries and Oceans Canada) will still held liable - answering to Ottawa!

And with that - I think, I'll go fishing! :)

Back