Ten Mile Lake Kokanee

Ben Fougere

I haven't been fishing in 2 weeks. I heard the fishing was really good this weekend. Hopefully tomorrow is a good day for me.

Anyone here fish Ten Mile lake?

I haven't been fishing in 2 weeks. I heard the fishing was really good this weekend. Hopefully tomorrow is a good day for me.

Anyone here fish Ten Mile lake?
I know this is an old thread but I have fished 10 mile in summer, found the trout fishing fairly good on troll. Problem was when we cooked a couple they were too muddy to eat. Did not catch any Kokes

Yes. Ten Mile Lake is a shallow lake and the rainbows would taster muddy.

The kokanee taste good in the summer because they tend to hang out deeper in the water. However, I have had one not so tasty kokanee out of ten mile a few years back.

There were anoxic conditions in Ten mile a few years ago and probably still is and with a very warm surface layer in mid summer the rainbow and kokanee tend to hang out together in relatively the same water. I'm curious if a rainbow and a kokanee were caught the same day out of Ten Mile and the taste compared?

There were anoxic conditions in Ten mile a few years ago and probably still is and with a very warm surface layer in mid summer the rainbow and kokanee tend to hang out together in relatively the same water. I'm curious if a rainbow and a kokanee were caught the same day out of Ten Mile and the taste compared?

I have not compared the taste of kokanee and rainbow caught on the same day in Ten Mile Lake. Our focus has been on learning about kokanee and how to catch them at different times of the year.

Back