Telegraph cove hali

Discussion in '2015 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by Prairie Buoy, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Prairie Buoy

Prairie Buoy Member

Anyone been up in area last few days . Wondering how hali fishin been? Maybe put one on license before expire..

Thanks
    PB

2. sammyslabber

sammyslabber Active Member

No recent news; if it's slow, you might want to try off Hardy Airport ;)

Good luck

3. Sangstercraft

Sangstercraft Well-Known Member

Used to be great up there, but the bottom fishing's been hammered over the last few decades.

4. KatieB

KatieB Member

Spent the past few days at Alder Bay and hali fishing in the area when the wind wasn't insane. Monday we picked up two, 10lb and a 35lb. Tuesday we were just feeding the dogfish, couldn't get away from them for a few hours. Used lots of bait.

5. fishhawk

fishhawk Member

Heading up to the Telegraph cove area. Any updates on the Hali fishing?

6. Califbill

Califbill Member

Is there a salt water reports area for Port Hardy?

7. dougthefisher

dougthefisher Member

I haven't heard of much action yet. I blew my motor and waiting for mechanic to look at it so haven't been out. it should be picking up soon though.

8. fishhawk

fishhawk Member

Fished out of Alder Bay last four days. Four Halibut largest 120. Few springs being caught on back side Malcolm. Beware of local crab thief in aluminum boat. My friend caught them raiding his traps.

9. Oly1

Oly1 Active Member

What happened to the thieves when your friend caught them.

10. fishhawk

fishhawk Member

They were watching and as soon as he headed their way they took off a running. Left new bait in the trap though.