Tandem Hooks at the Cap

Dclayton

Hey guys.
New to fishing around Vancouver this year and I am confused about the regulation regarding tandem hooks near the cap mouth.

I see in the pdf file of the regulations (2016) that it states you can only use 2 single hooks in tandem from the 14st pier to prospect point to the North tower of the bridge. I have not been able to find this in the online regulations or restrictions for area 28. I have seen lots of pics showing treble hooks on gear where guys say they caught them at the cap but I recently saw one where it looked like it was only 1 single hook and it made me question it again.

I am thinking that the 2016 version of the sport fishing guide is the latest printed and still up to date. Perhaps this information is not included online. It seems to be a small area near the mouth of the cap and the pictures I have seen with trebles could have been outside of that area.

If someone with some more experience could elaborate it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

i looked for that same regulation last week. I could not find it in the 20017 regs. ended up talking to a guide at the dock in the morning and he said it's been dropped. We ended up doing Sandheads instead but would be nice to know for sure.

FWIW, its not in the FishingBC app. I double checked online and couldn't find a reference to it there either. Looks like it has been removed.

Back