Swiftsure

I don’t agree with this because there are different kinds of clients.
There are lots of tourists that just want to catch a salmon....may even be their first fish ever. I’ll bet that fishery would be great for them
30 miles out on rolling waves for a tourist to catch thier first fish ever after they finish chuming the water won't care much about thier first fish.

I don’t agree with this because there are different kinds of clients.
There are lots of tourists that just want to catch a salmon....may even be their first fish ever. I’ll bet that fishery would be great for them
That's exactly the kind of client I was thinking of. For someone who just wants to catch a salmon, it's a great spot. For someone who wants a large king, it's not the place.

That's exactly the kind of client I was thinking of. For someone who just wants to catch a salmon, it's a great spot. For someone who wants a large king, it's not the place.
The majority of my guests, who are mostly seasoned regulars aren't the type for the feeder chinook fishery as we are trying to target mature fish.

I had a boat out of the bank in 1991 before all the crowds. Someone got sick on every trip. I decided right then and there that wasn't for me. I opted for running out to Laperouse Bank from Bamfield. I then added Nootka Sound to my summer adventures for my guests and ran out from there on the good days. For me Swiftsure was just to hardcore for many guests and the lack of facilities in PR made it a long day and a tough summer for the guide. Kudos to those who do it.

Back