SVIAC at Victoria Boat Show & Derby Tickets!

SVIAC

Just a quick note that SVIAC will have a booth again this year at the Feb. 16-18 Victoria Boat & Fishing Show at Pearkes Arena again this year.

Please come buy to renew or buy an annual membership to help support our ongoing lobbying efforts and our Sooke Chinook Sea Pen Project. With the needs of this project and all the issues impacting South Vancouver Island recreational fishing we need your support!

This year for those that renew/buy an annual membership at the boat show we will have a draw prize of 2 free tickets to the 2018 KMC and JDF fishing derbies (worth $460) for the lucky person randomly selected in the draw at the end of the show.

You can also come by to buy tickets for our two fishing derbies this summer:
  1. Kiss My Chinook Derby - June 16
  2. Juan de Fuca Fishing Tournament - Aug. 11-12
Hope to see many of you on this forum at the show!

There is much chatter on the forum right now about supporting a group that will go to bat for the recreational angler and the fish that support all fisheries.That is exactly what SVIAC does. Here is a very convenient way to chat with the society board members, find out what SVIAC has done recently, what they will be doing and then renew (or sign up for a new) membership.

Scott, I Think we expect similar to last year.

It was nice to catch up with many local anglers at this years boat show while manning the SVIAC booth. I would like to thank the 58 persons who either renewed or bought new memberships to the society. This was the largest number we have signed up at the show. I believe the number to beat was 49. What is encouraging is that a very high number of those who signed up are new members. In the past few days there has also been a sizable spike in online memberships being sold. This gives me hope that our group will soon see a bank account with enough funds in it to put up the fight that all the board members signed on for.

Back