Suggestions for calm water fishing inside the islands

SaltyAlice

Hi gang!

I am taking the fam across from Vancouver to the Saltpsring market tomorrow morning. My kids are fine when we are running, but when it comes to trolling the rolling gets to them and they start to feel ill quite quickly.

I was wondering if anybody had suggestions on spots we might drop the rods in on the inside of the islands on the way there. We've got the gear to either troll or jig, but I don't have any experience fishing inside.

It's really important to me that my kids love to get out there on the water; my nightmare is that they stop wanting to come out with me. I expect it won't be glassy at Thrasher or Porlier tomorrow, so any thoughts on likely spots to let them try their hand without them chumming the waters would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Stay out of the RCA's and try not to crash into reefs. You're not going to find as good of fishing on the inside but the reality is you can fish anywhere that isn't closed. Show them a good time can be had even if the fish are not biting. Maybe you'll get lucky!

play games like eye spy,20 questions, rock paper sizzors (with two finger wrist slap) ,have them recite and memorize primministers ,premiers,presidents names ,that will bring them back fishing for years to come.

lol.

Either way it should be a nice day on the water. Gonna catch some memories! (Need to check regs on whether there are slot rules and retention limits on giggles from the kids)

Try along the west side of Galliano Island [on the Salt Spring side] just to your right as you exit Active Pass, troll down to a really large boulder then loop back to the entrance to the pass. It's often quite calm in that area.

Back