Sturgeon

Jimmy

Any of you guys fish Sturgeon on here. There is some good action to be had between Mission and Steveston. Especially on those days when you cant get out on the ocean because of weather.

From time to time I like it better September through November when the river is lower & slower.

HRN with my biggest

harry_8_ft_sturgeon.jpg

From time to time I like it better September through November when the river is lower & slower.

Pooch breath is right ........ Can be epic in the fall, they are on feed mode getting ready for winters low supply. My Favourite time is mid sept to mid oct. Stink bait, they love it. Good times with flat water and nice days

Just got back from Hope after a weekend of sturgeon fishing, first time for me. Warm days, great scenery. We all landed fish in the 4 foot range and had a blast, will go again for sure.

The season is near, checked out the Stave but still early for chum and very few coho surfacing.
Sturgeon has been ok around fort langley, nothing great. fishing with sockeye roe and lamprey from the chuck.
Can't wait, best time of the year Oct.15th - Nov.15th

The season is near, checked out the Stave but still early for chum and very few coho surfacing.
Sturgeon has been ok around fort langley, nothing great. fishing with sockeye roe and lamprey from the chuck.
Can't wait, best time of the year Oct.15th - Nov.15th

Yup, heading out October 18 for a day, will be epic, plus Coho to boot!

Tried Yesterday off the shore in Maple ridge, nothing :( Haven't been successful yet this year. Conditions were perfect!

Salmon Roe and Belly! Couldn't believe it nothing again! I am way past due

2 so far this year. using sock heads, roe, oolies, lamprey & bellies. Should pick up soon!

we are going to head out on the lower river this sat. Anyone been out in the last week?

Thank you,
Jimmy

Eulachon was the ticket for us yesterday afternoon, Langley area. Sockeye parts has not worked for us last couple trips. Time to go to the stink I think..

Went last year out of Island 22 for 4 hour charter. We hooked into one that took almost two hours to finally land. 10-11 foot, 450 lbs. what a workout. All three of us took turns playing it. Don't want to do it too often. Really enjoyed it and great guide. Fish were boiling all over. image.jpg

Nice fish bone man but I think that any sturgeon over 4' isn't supposed to be lifted out of the water. They should be handled on shore. At least that's what I have been told. Nice fish though.

Back