Stop Possibility of NDP Government

SerengetiGuide

Guys,

We, as a country, have a serious issue on our hands, the possibility of the NDP forming government nationally. This is a VERY VERY SCARY possibility that may occur, possible even through election, and if not through election definitely through a coalition. I urge you all to stop this possibility by voting Conservative (unless in Vancouver Island North) this upcoming election day. The NDP platform is actually a fiscal disaster and would result in an extremely enlarged deficit as well as higher taxes for most, increased prices at the gas pump, and according to Layton himself, a re opening of the Constitution for Quebec...yet in English when not in Qyebec he tip toes around the issue, Jack Layton is not someone who can be trusted. For years he has promised the moon and back because he knew there was no chance of himself leading the country, now that there is that chance, he begins to back track on his own platform which HE SIGNED and said he'd stand beside. He has this fantasy cap n trade system (which would add 10 cents a litre to gas prices, 18 cents a litre by 2014) that he somehow says generates revenue to the government in the amount of $3.65 billion in 2011, yet it will take over 2 years to actually implement the system....THIS IS NDP MATHEMATICS AND SHOWS THEIR FISCAL INEPTNESS!! Not only that, imagine who the cabinet may be comprised of, very possibly many MP's who are green behind the ears and were college students or recruited from youth groups originally thought not to have a chance but now would be thrust into power...now is not the time for this, right when our economy is coming back.

Friends, please, I beg of you, think before you vote this time around, as this could be a massive turning point in the Canadian economy, the only way to stop an NDP government from happening is a vote for the Conservatives, and we desperately need to stop an NDP government!!!!

Well said..........don't be fooled by Layton's smile.
Our country's economy has faired reasonably well compared to other western economies over the past few years but is still fragile.
Lets elect the most fiscally responsible government that we can.
An NDP Govt will deliver levels of corruption, pork barreling and fiscal ineptitude that will flush Canada's economy
down the toilet.
Don't allow this to happen.
Get out and vote......Conservative.

Those who are cloistered enough to be comfortable alienating the USA should go ahead and elect Taliban Jack so that backed by "academics" he can talk the middle east out of committing atrocities. Just think, lucky Canada could be the next Cuba, all shiny on the outside to tourists who never saw the hundreds of boatloads of refugees that DID NOT MAKE IT.
Gosh i always wanted to drive a 55 Ford forever and if Turdeau had had his way......
Ok tongue outta cheek now. Send a message to the Cons by dumping Duncan while leaving the others in and feeling like long tailed cats in a room full of rocking chairs.

Keep the damn NDP and Liberals OUT. All they represent is another form of government who wants to take from _ME_ and those that _WORK_ and distribute it to those that _DO NOT_. Plus, hopefully a majority government will get rid of that damn gun registry, instead of leading the country on the slow march to no firearms at all...

I read some place that the NDP will make gay marriage compulsory!

This has to be stopped!

Ok, while being sarcastic, the thought of a NDP led government is actually a very serious topic for everyday Canadians and our economy. It would absolutely destroy it, just take a look at the back page of their platform and how they plan to pay for everything they promise, it doesn't add up, not even CLOSE!!! People are voting with their emotions right now, not their heads.

Ndp

Do not agree have voted for both other parties, time to change things up. It can only last a few years any how so Im sending a message. The two other parties have had there chance. At least Jack will listen, Im done with a dictator

Jack will listen while he raises your taxes, increases spending by insane amounts, and creates an economic circle through his platform (that I will explain later tonight as I'm just about to leave to look at new lodge in Hardy) that ensures government revenues decrease by substantial amounts, yet he increases spending!! I really don't know how anyone in their right mind (minus Van Island North) can vote for the NDP given their complete lack of knowledge of how the economy works. Their platform was built on the basis that they knew they wouldn't gain power, now that there is that possibility they are already starting to backtrack on aspects of the platform, because even they realize its an impossible document to back up!!!

I think the chances for the NDP forming a government are very slim. At least not through our doing here on the westcoast. There are a number of conservatives that will win their riding because they are willing to listen and work with their constituents (Troy Desouza for instance) and therefore I do not believe there will be a big left shift here in BC. In total I think it will pretty much remain the same split between the parties but I surely hope those 3 key conservative jerks will not remain. You know who I mean.

The amount of swearing in that video is hilarious, but many of the pts the teddy bear brings up against the Harper government are completely invalid.

Do not agree have voted for both other parties, time to change things up. It can only last a few years any how so Im sending a message. The two other parties have had there chance. At least Jack will listen, Im done with a dictator

X2
They had their chance to do the right thing and gave us the shaft instead.
Time to tell Harper and his boys where they can stick it.

If gas prices need to go up in order for Canada to lead a change toward a more sustainable country/world I'm all for it. The conservatives (and republicans in the US) have fooled us into thinking that more, more, more is better. Under the current regimes in N.A. for the past couple decades both countries have taken massive steps BACK in terms of long-term economics. Much like the financial crises of 2008 everyone was told leading up to it that we just got keep buying and spending and the good times will last forever. We guess how that turned out? The continents richest people got richer (and bailed out with TARP money, etc) and the general public was left holding the bag... again.

The Harper gov't is arrogant and closed-minded and short-sighted. From the tar sands projects to health & education cuts the Conservatives are showing that they have big short-term profits for major business at the top of their agenda. I've voted Conservative in the past but there is no way I can look at what is happening to our country at this very moment and vote Harper to stay with a clean conscience. I'm no bra-burning hippy (I've worked on Wall St and now the game well) but Harper's decisions on our water, energy and fisheries is sickening. I'm still undecided on who I will vote for but it will not be Harper that is for sure!

I recently read this somewhere and it struck me as relating very well to politics. Given that most conservatives have usually been business people and have a background of experience in how the world really works as opposed to having been brainwashed young by know it all "academics" .........

Take a cage with 6 Monkeys. In the cage place a set of steps to a platform away from the normal feeding area, put a Banana on the platform and have someone standing by with a high pressure water hose. When a Monkey makes a jump up the steps for the Banana hit him with the water hose. Do this each time a Monkey tries for the Banana.

After a week or so remove one Monkey and put in a new one. When the new Monkey sees the Banana he will go for it, only to ganged up on and beaten by the other Monkeys.
Continue the process until none of the original Monkeys remain and their actions will continue even though none of these Monkeys have any idea of why............

Ya......Jack is the answer. :eek: :p :rolleyes: Talk about "short term" vision over the past couple of decades.....you don't want to see the "long term" if the NDP is in there.

I do agree that Harper IS arrogant and there is no getting around the fact that he was found in contempt of Parliament. Despite all of that...I don't think Jack is our answer....hell I would be happier with the Liberals than the NDP. At least the Libs have been in power and many do argue that a lot of Liberal policies that were in place before Stevie took over helped us weather the economic downturn of the past few years. Stevie DOES deserve credit but he's not alone.

The NDP will not form the next Government. Really.
Duncan, Lunn and Kamp have to go. And if that means a Minority, so be it. This is the only way we can get the Conservatives to listen to Reality, and a matter completely of their own making. DO NOT STRAY here Folks! Jacko isn't a very serious threat. Those that lobbied for privatization Certainly ARE!

Cheers,
Nog

Democracy

The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter.
Sir Winston Churchill.

The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter.
Sir Winston Churchill.

When I talk to some people who are so avid about voting for a party, but don't realize the big picture, or any of the parties platforms, or that there is much more than one issue in an election, I couldn't agree more.

Back