Stamp Steelhead

Rvp any action after we left? i went 2 for 5 with a 6-7lb hatch and a 10lb wild both released. Couldnt keep any on missed alot of hits. Got a few crappy pics not worth postin. Ill try it again tommorow

been outa town for kids hockey tourn.tried to fish the quinsam r. but its blown of the map.
can any one give me a water level report for the sss?please!

Was danm high today and colored. Fishable but you will be landing fish in the trees.The breakwater at clutesi was underwater around 11!I went out today for the last time this year. First cast didnt drift 5 feet before it dunked.Nice 10lb hatch buck then about 10-15 min later hit a fat 12lb or so hatch doe. Kept the first it was a bleeder the second was lightly hooked and released. Wet day with a bit snow on the hump and river.
Bonked landed in the trees
steel2.jpg

My biggest so far released, man they can scrap
steel.jpg

Kelly, why your last time this year?
Sounds like you had a good time.
I sure am glad I didn't haul the boat all the way up from Victoria.

Hey kelly great job there. Well when school is over hopefully ull be back in time for the bigger runs if they are running this year. We will have to meet up at china creek again and tell our secrets.
Chris

thanx for the update there kelly!!!just got back from gold r.skunked 2 full days,and not even a sniff.i'll be out tom.i'll post an update.

Well just got back from the Stamp. Fished on Saturday from the bank.We got one fish and saw one other caught at the bucket. Sunday we jetted from service up to the bucket and down. We did that 3 times. We hit all the usual spots and even some obscure text book type water. Not a sniff. 6 other guide boats as well . Nothing. One Zode made it up and over the bucket. I can only imagine what they did up at the island.????????Because they sure weren't below the bucket! Four guide boats were up the Sproat. No water was left untouched. We also saw about 25 guys pounding various runs from the banks. They said the same.
That was obviously one early run or we have the late run to hope for. Who knows. Thats the latest anyways.

Zodiac going up and over?? Hmmmmm, might know who that is and how they made out....Lets just say, the fish definity arnt holding in the lower end, next time hit the throttle "up and over". It pays off;):D

Trust me you boys werent missin anything up at the falls. We scratched out a few from the bank but it was damn slow. The boats didnt hook a single fish on the top of the island. Forecast is for clear and cold so things arent really looking good for the next few.

Yeah it was painfully clear that no fish were present below the bucket. We really did want to get up and over but !@#$ our Bow tries to carve . Thats not condusive to that first wave. You know what I mean. We were denied big time. Very exciting to say the least. We saw our lives flash in front of us.
Maybe we'll try again another time. It's the coming back down that may be even scetchier for this boat[:0]

Funny, we would have been happy to fish the lower. We always have ( from a drift boat) now we have a jet and it isn't good enough.

Talk to Bags he will show you how to get over.. Sounds like Bags has lost his personal guide and will have to learn to tiller the jet himself.. Hey Bags you can always give the Wild one and myself the Zod to practice with:D:D

Up on SAT. at the slide and the falss pool nothing not a fish saw or caught:(:(

quote:Originally posted by ChromeSweetChrome

Fished 5 hours up top with 2 guys, not a bite.

I hear ya!!

We fished all day Friday with Nick in the jet & only got three fish. We worked the river hard all day & didn't even hear of another fish caught. Hopefully, this is just a lull in the action & things will pick up soon! Here are a few pics of our fish. Note the big chunk of tail missing on the one fish. Still fought like hell though!!

100_0547.jpg

100_0544.jpg

100_0541.jpg

Back