Stamp Steelhead

Has any one been up to the stamp for winter steelhead if u have i would appreciate a report thanks![8D]

Yeah I was just up there for the last couple days, we got 8 summer's in the upper and only 1 winter in the lower we were guided as well not many fish showing up yet. Buddy's in other boat did a little better with 6 on thurs and 8 on friday in the lower stamp and Sproat rivers.

hey guys!i'm a new member but have been following the forum 4 awhile now.just finished goin thru all the reports and outings amongst members,nice stuff boys!but i've been wonderin,couple of years ago i lived out at the lake and fished the stamp from the airport side,but drove thru a mill site.what an unreal year that was.just wonderin guys,is there still access from there?

Cowie slab slayer you said it right
there is no courtesy from some fisherman on the stamp The Nog can deny what he likes I seen it with you
it just doesnt range from people on the bank it ranges from the jet boats using Roe also its all about greed for meat
people should be more worried about preserving what we have

any time you want to drift there is a spot for you on my boat

Can anyone in the valley do me a favour and give a quick weather report. Was wondering how much it snowed out there today? Not sure if ill need the truck or not tommorow

Started out today to a cold morning. I slid the whole way down my driveway out of control and all the side roads were a sheet of ice on ECVI. Had to put it in 4whl and put two tires on the gravel just to inch up any kind of hill.Headed to the SSS went as far as the hump and decided to just fish a secret flow.Its pretty remote sorry if i gave up someones spot with the pics.Went 4-8 with three winters(1 wild) one summer.
Runty little summer
steel5.jpg

Fights on
steel.jpg

Tailin!
steel2.jpg

Wrestlin up the bank
steel4.jpg

Finally on the bank for a hero shot
steel3.jpg

Hey Mike,
Good to hear from you, hope you are nailing lots of chromers on the stamper, blades under the float dude.
I would love to hit the flows in your boat, maybe in March, you never know!!!
Anyhow, hope you and everyone in Nanaimo are having a great holiday and are getting into some heavy square tails.
Slabby out.
Say hi to the boyz for me if your fishing with them over the xmas break.

Hey kellya nice photoshop work Bud!!Didnt know Cameron river had steel???Must be pretty remote on the paved highway with a bunch of vehicles passing by????We will start calling you nog or treblig now!!cant guys just go fish and leave it at that??

LMAO i was obviously postin it as a joke cameron River is devoid of fish and is on the side of the road. My batteries on the cam died so i couldnt take pics on the stamp. I dont fish steel much and havent got any so i was pissed i couldnt get pics. Drivin back saw the nice flow buddy said lets go get that pic. Dragged the one steely i bonked outta the back still had my waders on waded into the middle put my hook back in his mouth and the fight was on! again! Sorry if you took it seriously ill go back to fishin.

think i caught ya there kelly trying to pull a fast one on the crew here!!Nice little piece of chrome though!!Congrats was that your steel??

quote:Originally posted by vince gee

think i caught ya there kelly trying to pull a fast one on the crew here!!

LOL! Nope, methinks that was one well directed cast, that did indeed Hook One
hook[1].gif

Yup Vinny, that little creek likely can't handle too much pressure[}:)]

Good Luck out there in the snow today Kelly! Roads are now all covered, and it is right pounding down HUGE white fluffies! Decided to write this one off myself, tie up some more bags, and plan the next Photo-Op (just for you Vinny:D)

Tight Lines!
Nog

Snowed hard there was 6 or so inches when we left but the roads were fine. Jets beat us to our spots so we were stuck fishin behind them. Still scraped up two but saw them slayin a handful.

Back