Southern Van Isle 9.4LB Rainbow

steeliehead

DSC_5804NEF.jpg
[/img]

$%^&* awsome. She go back??

Damn nice to see those hogs out of local lakes. Thats what I'm talk'n about. They are there !

I was at Outfitters when Nelson stopped by with this big one. What a lunker! I took these pictures with my cell phone camera. Nelson was fishing at Elk Lake, using chironomids on the Highway side of the lake. His partner did well with a limit of 4 up to 4+ lbs.

NeslonKarger912lbrainbow001.jpg

NeslonKarger912lbrainbow003.jpg

NeslonKarger912lbrainbow002.jpg

Great fish, curious what that would taste like. Anyone ever eat a local trophy?

quote:Originally posted by highlights

She go back??

Nope :D....Do I care??? Nope..... whatever the thing tastes like...I woulndnt care. If it was me I wouldl have kept it and it would have been candied ;)

I dunno bout you guys but if it was a natural would it not be sportin the spawner colours this time of year?

Migth be some of our tripliods at work [8D]

Very nice fish!

very nice fish!!!!

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

My largest was measured at 27.5". I guessed around 7 lbs.

I have seen carp 30-40lbs ( not a few. Alot )in Beaver/Elk. I know the differance when I see a fish jump or roll and I know I have seen Rainbows in the 12 lb range. They are there!

Thats a hawg! Not too familiar with the stocking programs on those lakes but seeing as its not all red and dirty would this be a triploid? How big are these fish when they get stocked? Or has it just been lurkin around for years passin up on hundreds of balls of powerbait in its life and finally made a mistake?

That's a beauty, way to go!! My biggest ever from Elk was a smidge over 6 pounds. And I killed it, smoked it and ate it. It was delicious!! :D

Killed it,smoked it then ate it,,,,wasn't it hard to lite???;)

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

quote:Originally posted by powder

Great fish, curious what that would taste like. Anyone ever eat a local trophy?

My wife and I ate the 5.4 lb rainbow I got in Elk Lake last month. It was very good. Gave a piece to the neighbors and they LOVED IT. They said it tasted like a wild trout from a stream.

Beautiful catch-Congratulations! [8D] ;)

Seen some good sized Rainbows from St Mary Lake on Saltspring that looked similar.

Beautiful catch-Congratulations! [8D] ;)

Seen some good sized Rainbows from St Mary Lake on Saltspring that looked similar.

Back