Soup container / thermos

wishiniwasfishin1

Hey I thought i would check here to see if anyone knows of a good soup thermos? I have really got into making soups lately and want to bring soup to work for lunch.
We don't have a microwave, and I would prefer to have a thermos that i don't have to transfer the soup into a bowl to eat.

Just to be clear, i am not looking for a tall / skinny thermos that i cant put a spoon into, something more bowl like, maybe with a threaded lid.
It would also be very handy for winter fishing as well.
I have looked online and amazon, etc but not seeing a whole lot.

That looks like a good one - I will check it out. I was hoping for something that holds closer to 1L but the might have different sizes.

Zojirushi.
I have their coffee thermos and it's awesome. Six hours later coffee is still piping hot! I see they also make food containers, but I 've never tried them. Japanese made and a bit pricey, but they sure work.

Side note: I love to have my soup thermos on a cold day and I often boil water or stock and chop up any vegetables into that and don't even worry about cooking it. As long as it is boiling when it goes into the thermos the contents will be cooked by the time you get into it later in the day. Its a great way to use up vegetables that are getting to the end of there shelf life in the fridge.

Yep. Left this job in 2010 and came back here 4 years later and Microwave still hasn't been cleaned. Grim to say the least

Back