Sooke2015

Discussion in '2015 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by barrie, Jan 3, 2015.

1. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

Has no bigger coho come in? And in the forecast next week no rain in sight....

2. Harbicht

Harbicht Member

I guess not

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

3. Misty

Misty Member

We also went out of beecher, it was too windy for my 14 ft tinner at sooke harbor mouth. We stayed near Aldridge just out of the wind and picked up two wilds biggest was 6 lbs. That was it for us.

4. N2013

N2013 Active Member

Hey Misty, is Beecher really protected on most days or mainly when it's a westerly blowing? It was definitely bumpy out there in my 16.5, so I'd be interested in finding some places that are a little shelter. I pulled the pin after 2 hrs after getting bounced around. 0/2, both on white hootchies.

5. Seagirt

Seagirt Active Member

Fished 4-7pm today out of Sooke Harbour. Bouncy. Not many shakers and a few wild and hatchery coho to the boat that were ~5lbs. Released the biggest one, wild, which had visible parasites under it's skin. Kept one hatch and one wild. The stomach of the wild had one 6" herring and a spine of something larger. The hatchery had cannibalized a 7'' coho. Concentrated our hoochies at 50-70ft, just like all the other reports.

6. Misty

Misty Member

Hi there n2013, yes beecher bay all the way to aldridge is great with the westerly like yesterday. It is also good when there is lots of fog, many times the bay is clear but sooke is socked in. For easterlies it is not that great unless you are way in the bay. Yesterday we fished for 4.5 hours in there no problem for my little boat.

7. rook 2

rook 2 Member

i phoned dfo,,only 1 wild and one clipped in area 19

8. rook 2

rook 2 Member

you are correct about area 19,,one and one only,,,i phoned dfo

9. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Out front of the harbor mouth this morning from 7 till noon. Spotty fishing but kept 3 wild and 1 hatchery from 3-7lbs. Lots of shakers released. Hootchies worked best for us.

10. eroyd

eroyd Active Member

I got one today with some kind of blistering. Never seen that before.

11. Sookesailor

Sookesailor New Member

12. N2013

N2013 Active Member

Fished 7-1 today out front. 1st/2nd tide line. 2 wilds, no hatchery. A few shorties on a white hootchie, the ran bait both sides. Lots of good hits. Huge bait balls all around, probably just as many seagulls!

13. profisher

profisher Well-Known Member

Lots of action for us this morning (7-11:15am) Kept 7 total, 4 were wild and largest just under 9 pounds. Released 5 wild and lost 7 or 8 more. 50-70 feet best and anchovy got them all. Went out again from 12:30 to 4:30 and kept 4 wild, let 3 go and lost 4 more. Definitely more spotty in the afternoon. Very nice day out there for October once the sun was up. Managed to scoop some fresh bait, 5-7 ince herring a a single 7 inch anchovy in with them as well. Did up 26 trays, 4 hrs freezing then into the vacuum packer. Will try it tomorrow morning.