SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypseas

Spring is OFISHALLY here.
Sheringham to Race Rocks this is the place for reporting your catch.
Get yourself a digital camera and share your pics with your fellow fishermen. Lets use every "bite" the bandwidth will allow:D
Wish you all a great season!!
Cheers

JUST FISHEN'

Yesterday was a good day for us at Otter, a bit lumpy but can't complain the new ride is catching fish. All on tigerprawn squirt purple UV flasher 110ft quick troll. Tide was ripping.
cheers

IMG_4907-1.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

JUST FISHEN'

Good Work Gypseas.

Are any of those clipped?

FM.

Good day in Whirl Bay - after the Orcas were finally done with their play time. Two of the usual in the tub and wouldn't you know it - must have hit one of those elusive ET Frasers - around 20 lbs and unclipped. Was a nice surprise - almost forgot how hard salmon can fight :D. Needless to say - it got carefully unhooked in the water with no damage done. Water flat as anything. First outing for me this year - reburbished Red Hot will see some serious action this year I think.

Cheers!

Out yesterday. plugged away for haly with some buds from Kelowna and Alberta for Haly off the bluffs notta. Seen a couple of chickens caught. Pulled the gear and fished for sammy off Secretary hit a nice clipped 10 pounder and released a beut around 20 pounds as it had that fin. Great fun when standing ankle deep off the swim grid. One line @ 110' with a bloody nose and the other @ 125'( only a flat lander would use LOL} a old school red head teaser. Cheers FC

Out yesterday. plugged away for haly with some buds from Kelowna and Alberta for Haly off the bluffs notta. Seen a couple of chickens caught. Pulled the gear and fished for sammy off Secretary hit a nice clipped 10 pounder and released a beut around 20 pounds as it had that fin. Great fun when standing ankle deep off the swim grid. One line @ 110' with a bloody nose and the other @ 125'( only a flat lander would use LOL} a old school red head teaser. Cheers FC

Out on the bluffs, secretary from 2ish to 5:30 one hit lost it to boat.

Saw a seal bobbing around five minutes before the strike and thought rushing the fish in would be a good idea.....oh well. At least the seal didn't get it [}:)]

Couple other warriors out there in open boats when the rain started coming down hard. Hardcore fishing at its best.
Smiley66 what boat were you in?
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

Out on the bluffs, secretary from 2ish to 5:30 one hit lost it to boat.

Saw a seal bobbing around five minutes before the strike and thought rushing the fish in would be a good idea.....oh well. At least the seal didn't get it [}:)]

Couple other warriors out there in open boats when the rain started coming down hard. Hardcore fishing at its best.
Smiley66 what boat were you in?
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

You know you're anchored solid when the 24in scottsman is fully submerged
IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

Funny currents today off Sooke. Wheather was great though.

JUST FISHEN'

Gypseas
Curious to your anchoring set up. How do you pull anchor without a bow to stern line?

Tips

Gypseas

I see the tide flow at the tin shack was moving a little to fast. Better check your Murray's tables next time.

I fished my normal spot at JR and lost two (1/2 way up and 15 feet from the boat) before we landed two (25lb).

A boat near us moved west and got a 45 and a 70. With lucky Mike getting bigger fish fishing west and these guys getting bigger fish it appears heading west is the thing to do. Next time.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

quote:Originally posted by smiley66

Isn't the fact that Scotsman is submerged the warning sign that your bow is going to go under soon??? LOL

Didn't go down yesterday and don't think will ever happen, maybe if you're in 6ft standing waves at the Race Rocks passage. Just leave enough line between yer boat and the scotsman.
Always wear your pfd :D
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

quote:Originally posted by Doug

Gypseas

I see the tide flow at the tin shack was moving a little to fast. Better check your Murray's tables next time.

I fished my normal spot at JR and lost two (1/2 way up and 15 feet from the boat) before we landed two (25lb).

A boat near us moved west and got a 45 and a 70. With lucky Mike getting bigger fish fishing west and these guys getting bigger fish it appears heading west is the thing to do. Next time.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

3XMike had to work so it was a solo voyage for me yesterday.
For only one fish all the way to jr, maybe I'll tie a line to the stern of your yacht next time.
:D
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

Doug. Are you an expert halibut fisherman? Don't think so. Maybe you should try and follow some Renfrew Guides around. They always find the big ones!!!!

DY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back