Sooke Reports - Spring/Summer 09

Love the pics LastChance,, man that really gets a guy going..

Good stuff and keep em comig boys, if I can't be there I may as well live vicariously through others :):)[:p]..

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Out at first light this morning.Lost one about 20 right beside the boat first thing,then popped a 23 at about 9.Lots of bait around the harbour mouth 5-6 inch herring-good to see some this year.[8D]

Fished Posession yesterday from 7am - 1pm, hooked 2 by 9am and buddy lost them both!!??, Betsy, bloddy nose head, 66ft,only 1 other bite after that. Saw 1 other small fish caught off the harbour mouth and one off Posession which was eaten by Mr Seal, *******! Lots of bait around the wast side of the reef and off the point of Secretary. Heard that it was hot last night!! Buddys been out since 5am this morning and has nothing as off 7am, and has not seen anything else.

i guess it depends on who you talk to.......I know of a guy out for a boat ride, saw some buckled rods, pulled up to his buddy grabbed 2 choves from him, boom! 23,25 in no time. My other buddy talked to a guy out this morning who also had a good report from last night......????? I ll take your word for it Chris since you were out there. Cheers

MAN its not even June yet all that your going to get right now is little schools of fish and if your there at the right time and place you will get one maybe 2 these fish are passing by very fast one day here next gone, If you hear on here it was hot well then you missed it,it will be good soon enough hopefully Aug is only 2 months away and 6 weeks before sockeye and pinks start to show give it time IT will happen.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Saw a killer whale go by this morning close to otter point resort.:)

quote:WOW!
Wish I had that much time to fish!

Back in Country, Wednesday 5/27
French Creek, 5:30 to 7:30 on 5/27
Home, 10:51 pm 5/28
Heading to Bamfield, morning of 5/29
Report on Sooke, for the evening of 5/28
2 hours from French Creek to Sooke + 4 hours from Sooke to Bamfield

Boy, that is a whole lot of fishing and traveling time, in a short period of time! I am impressed!

Huh?
Have you lost it? You better stay away from that moonshine, Charlie! It's not doing you any good!

Fished this morning 6:15 AM till 12:00 noon. About two dozen or so boats out between Beechy and Secretary. Beautiful start to the day weather wise. It was like a mill pond first part of the morning 'til the wind over tide started making it a little lumpy around 10:00 AM.

Wolf's right small groups of fish passing through fast, one day here next day gone. Cheanuh Rick indicated yesterday (Thursday) a number of decent springs came in to the marina. Not today though.

Saw only one other boat catch a fish besides us and he claimed he had two in the tub in the low 20 lb range off Secretary Isl. There were two of us in our boat, we only had three tickles on the riggers all morning (between 9:15 and 10:20), but at least one stuck. We boated a stubby nose short and deep bodied female weighing 22 lbs+ on the boat scale which had white flesh. 85' down over 155' on a green gold flasher and small chovie.

Good to get the net wet again!

Gov

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Heard the same, Thurs morning some nice fish coming up the dock. Went out to the boat last night and some boats where coming in with nada. Would of went out but had to get my JDF tickets.

Tournament Proven !

Ya Governor, I think you are talking about us if you were fishin Sec this morning. We had a great day from 10 - 12. Two in the boat, both 22 almost on the button. We lost a really good one in the rocks off the top of Secretary if you can believe it! Busted me clean off! Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to em i guess. :( Same Small anchovies and green anything. But all our fish were from the 40 to 60ft depths.

Had my 3 year old, 4 1/2 month old and my wife out today for the afternoon tide change and flood. Got lucky and got a couple 20, 22. Seems like a few getting caught out front. 4 1/2 month old first trip and he was great. 3 year old has no probs he is helping run the gear already:)

went south of beachy today got 29 lost one at the boat mabye 20 feet back look around 38 to 45 lb both fish at 75 feet , blue crome. late in the afternoon fished form 300pm 730pm.

Hey Guys- Thanks for the reports! I am brand new to sooke and will be hauling over soon (next month) and I am getting everything ready. I was wondering if these fish are sitting right close to the bottom, next to shore? Or suspended chasing bait? If they are close to bottom, I am wondering how you keep your weights from hanging up??

Northstar--most of these fish are being caught between 45 and 80 to 90 feet in the water column. While there are a few spots where you scrape the bottom, most guys follow contour lines at a deeper bottom depth. On the other hand, I was following the contour lines off Secretary last night for nothing. (tides weren't good) A buddy was fishing the trap yesterday morning at about 11 and said they got pushed out to the 250 ft bottom depth and got a 25 lber. That's fishin'. Good luck!
T2

No Rigours

Back