Sooke Reports - Spring/Summer 09

Nice fish Frayed. Nothing for us today but a small one. Only saw 2 other small fish taken. Secretary.. Any reports from the Trap, lots of boats there ?

Tournament Proven !

fished secretary and possesion almost all day, a few hits , lost one beside the boat
fishin skins what boat where you in, i was in the blue double eagle

Yes ! Tips
It weighed 40.2 lb in the boat{my scale] 10 am and 4pm back at the dock 39.4 I will go with my scale.The head 70 ft blue head chovie.

TailoutFishingAventures
www.Tailoutfishing.com

Fished the Trap Sunday. One 10# and that's all we saw all morning. Maybe bite was later afternoon? Most of the guides that head more west were at the Trap.

Tournament Proven !

Fished Possesion hard all weekend from 6 to 12, only saw 2 fish caught on Sat, nothing for us. Heard of a few fish caught off the bluffs and know of 3 fish caught at Sherringham between 2 boats,one was caught at 38ft in 80ft of water. Also know of a top guide that was up there and put up a 0. On sunday I saw 1 fish caught first thing off the West corner of Secretary. Saw 3 more caught at the beginning of the flood, we were lucky enough to hook 1 about 18lbs, red hot spot purple haze 66ft off Possesion.

Fished with Yote and another buddy on Sunday.
Yote landed a nice 17 lber. No other action for us. Saw 2 other fish caught. Fished from 6:30-11:30.
Good times and nice to eat some salmon last night!

Seems about right for this time of year. Some quality fish around but not a lot yet.

Tips

Great fish Rick!
Nice job fighting that seal for it too!

Save some of that luck for the JDF Derby.

Tips

Here's some good stuff that Cal Young has been bringing out of Sooke the last few days! Hopefully get him on here with some Sooke updates on a regular basis.

40lbshatcheryhalibut09001.jpg

40lbshatcheryhalibut09005.jpg

CalYoung39lbsSpring032.jpg

Nice clean looking fish. Codfish has been lighting it up, and Wolf should have some reports soon to! Whether they subject to posting pics is another storey[?] I am now after the Springs pretty steady the next few weeks. Some good fish coming in from the mouth of Pedder Bay itself the last few days to. Could turn into a solid season.

www.tailspincharters.com

Back