Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Put the boat in for the season and fished the trap through low slack Saturday for no fish. Sure felt nice to be back on the water.

T2

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple fish yesterday for us at Possesion and Bluffs 69/85 on the rigger in 80-90ft. Chovie behind silver/red. Wild just within the slot and nice hatch job around 70some inches. Great day on the water!

except

Hit some nice rip behind Secretary and lost wire,weight the works ... time to pay the piper I guess. Wonder if I should switch to power Pro or stay with wire.
cheers

2 out of three of my riggers are on year #5 with 200 P-Pro. same stuff. I run wire out the back and it has been changed out 3 times. Natural voltage is bang on with my wire line out the back rigger, based on 90 feet! The side lines with Pro get as many if not more fish than the wire. The balls I have lost with Pro was due to a bad run of Gangion. To each his own, but im pretty happy with the P-Pro, and if it were not for testing my natural voltage regularly, I would run all three riggs with Pro.

Out from 12-5, fished the Flood from Muir down to Otter four swings and four misses, one small ( below legal ) to the boat, all hits on Bait , slow day, wind held off so conditions were okay. Driller... Gobs of bait at the Trailer Park.....

I have found that back eddy around the trailer court to be quite productive. You are right. Lots of bait especially on flood. Give Muir another couple of weeks. Salmon are migrating down WCVI.

Hey Driller, I was out and about in that area today. I didnt see any boat that matched your profile picture. was that you in the "what looked to be" a 28-30ft cristcraft?

Hey Driller, I was out and about in that area today. I didnt see any boat that matched your profile picture. was that you in the "what looked to be" a 28-30ft cristcraft?

I was out on Tuesday, put up the report the next morning, gonna try Friday in the AM

Hey Justin. We have only hit one hatchery over 20 pounds so far. and a few high teeners aswell. But id say 90% is wild and over!

It seems like they are coming in in waves on day on one day off sorta thing. Nothing sticks around for more then one bite.

-Steve

It seems like they are coming in in waves on day on one day off sorta thing. Nothing sticks around for more then one bite.

-Steve
Yes they're comming in waves,then mysteriously, they reappear in our Zone :confused:

Out for a couple of hours this evening Secretary to the trap
Quiet but nice to be on the water

cheers

Don't forget to turn in all those heads from all those hatchery fish over 67cm that come by this time of year so we can have good data next year!!! Oh wait, they are all wild....what data?

Anybody fishing West of Sheringham where the slot changes? Not hearing much from anybody on what's happening in that area. Probably a ton of fish being taken there and everybody is being quiet!!!

There was a recent report from Muir. Nada. The Sooke area seems to have mostly resident feeders at the moment.

Fished beecher - possession. Marked a whopping 6-7 fish. One hit and missed it at 54' on a glow hootchie. 1st tide line.

Its **** poor out there the last few days ive been out.

-Steve

Long Day on the Water, started in the Morning at Possession, couple whifs, trolled up to Otter on the Ebb, nailed a beauty Wild at Otter 90Ft. off the Rigger, Bait. continued on up to Muir.Caught and released another Wild about 28 or so ish, again 90 ft,Bait....awesome Water and some Heat out there. Good Day Driller

Back