Sooke Reports - Fall and Winter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
out today from 11-3 , i wild ho about 8 Lbs, slow too many shakers had too stop... on a more serious note choppers and boats have been going back and forth in front of the house all night, hope all is well, training would be good but probably not...

Beemer where did you hear that ,the news says there are no reports of people missing ,i was wondering the coast guard doesnt usually go looking for empty boats unless warrented they have been going back and forth here all moring 2 hrs last night ,that sucks if thats the case ,sure was a big lump in the moring out front yesterday

I fished from 0730 hrs to 1045 hrs for coho on Weds. Landed 2 hatchury (6,10lb) and released 3 wild and missed 5 good hits. The fish were sitting off shore in 300' + of water and at a depth of 100' to 140'. Bait worked best. As long as the gear was deep I didn't have to many shakers.

Going out Sat so we will see how it goes. Like we are seeing the numbers seem smaller so far compared too last year. I am not see opening yet for wild on DFO site today....

High Five

**Coho: Area 19: Oct. 1 - Dec. 31, 2011: Daily limit of two (2) Coho, one (1) of which may be wild (unmarked). Listed on 25/05/2011 FN0412

and you wonder why there is so much damn confusion every year? Even DFO doesn't have a clue

looks like area 20 is 4 limit, 1 wild according to the area 20 mapping

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/opportunities-possibilites/PN/2011/20-co-ch.pdf

Those waters in a portion of
Subareas 20-1 (seaward of a line
between a square white boundary
sign at Owen Point, the Port San
Juan Light and Whistle Buoy, and
San Juan Point and 20-3 to 20-7.
Coho Oct 01 - Dec 31 4 per day, only one of which may be
wild.

but the area 19 map (which also includes area 20 info) says 2 coho 1 wild

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/opportunities-possibilites/PN/2011/18-19-20-29-co-ch.pdf

way to go DFO morons

Very Bumpy out today, my guys toughed it out! Fished until noon 400 foot line Head to the Island produced 3 hatch to 6 lbs, and 7 Wilds released, largest about 8 lbs. Had a triple, other than that it was here and there action. They were from 80-125 feet on Hootchies.

At it again in the morning!

Yup. Was good out there. Fished 7:30-noon
Put first line down and it popped off as soon as it hit 90 ft. Thought it was poorly set. Nope fish on.
Continued for 7 double headers and 25 plus hoes for 2 of us. Kept 2 wild and 4 hatch. Biggest was 14lb hatch.

We had all the action on the first tide line at 400 ft. Most were fishing outside of us.

Good times with my father inlaw who just turned 80 years on Monday.

Tips

Oct12011LarCoho.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a nice one tips...13 was our largest, some big hatchery fish, and a decent little Spring as well. Another triple header right of the hop! Lots of chatter on the radio about goofy regs.
IMG_20111001_122121.jpg

Lots of action for everybody out there today. Dummy flashers with metal where the ticket for me. Dragged the Bucktail for awhile after i saw a nice one jump, but no luck. Back at it tomorrow, looks like another flat calm day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back