Sooke Reports - 2007

On the water from 11am-9pm nothing till 8 pm. Triple header! two of wich made it to the boat. 26 and a 16.... nice day on the water for a forcast that said it was going to blow!
2007fishericscott021.jpg

Nice fish!! we went out around Pedder and Race rocks nothing but alot o rain!!:(:(

Great fish, that is a long time on the water.

Nice Vandezweep Electric T-Shirt. Do you ever notice the majority of fisherman are construction trades?

Gee Joel at least clean the blood off LOL nice fish!!!!

Wolf

went out today from 6am - 1pm. Fished the head up to the trap. Did not see any caught. The morning was nice but it blew up a bit in the afternoon.

A pod of orcas came through right around tide change. Might explain the lack of fish. I didn't see any seals around either.

The seals are still there.. The whales went through both days and they are searching for the fish also or lack of.. Hopefully things pick up for the derby ??

Was out on Sunday. Big big strike around 6:00 AM no bounce just screaming line then nothing. Nothing else for the rest of the day. At roughly 10:00 am one of the pedder Bay rental boats came by. He asked how deep we were fishing. I told him where we got the hit (75ft) I watched him lower his gear. Then I watched him get a fish about 10 minutes later.....sigh.

We put in the hours yesteday too (5:30 to 2:30) but managed to pull one out of the trap (20 lbs) before the Orcas came through. Wow did it blow up by the afternoon. We were the second to last to leave Beechy at 2:30.
IMG_2490.jpg

2muchdraft

So how did Paul do, did he manage to hold on to his cookies???

Was beside chubby all day and I know he saw a great hit on my boat LOL LOL, all I can say is slow slow slow

Wolf

Back