Sooke Report -- 2008 season

juandesooka

Starting new thread for Sooke area reports for 2008.

I am taking out my new-to-me boat for her maiden voyage Thursday. Reports I'm hearing of late are still winter spring based, deep water fish up to 8 lbs (in the slot limit).

Anyone have reports of larger fish caught near Sooke (catch and release) or beyond Sheringham (keepers)?

I'll post my first report of the season shortly.

So lets say you troll Otter to Sheringham and past. You hook a 22 lber just as you pass Sheringham (right on the line )
Do you keep it
or
Do you release it
?
hehehe

cheers

Been out last 2 sundays. Picked up 1 fish each day. Smallish chinooks
out of whirl bay. 3 nice red rock crabs too. I'm in the 17' Arima Sea Chaser.

Been out last 2 sundays. Picked up 1 fish each day. Smallish chinooks
out of whirl bay. 3 nice red rock crabs too. I'm in the 17' Arima Sea Chaser.

I'm reporting that I finally got my boat back in at the marina (cheanuh)but it was too late on Sunday to go out.Some report, huh. Felt good just to be doing a little boat cleanup next to the dock! Maybe go for halis next weekend, providing tides are half decent.
T2

I'm reporting that I finally got my boat back in at the marina (cheanuh)but it was too late on Sunday to go out.Some report, huh. Felt good just to be doing a little boat cleanup next to the dock! Maybe go for halis next weekend, providing tides are half decent.
T2

i was out twice last week, both from pedder. nailed a 12lb hatch, couple of shakers but that was it,
for hali i didnt even have a bite.....

Back