Some B.C. lakes could be at risk of tsunamis, says SFU prof

Theoretically speaking, any lake that has a mountain face situated in such a way so as to fall into the lake during the event of an earthquake or landslide, has a danger and possibility of a tsunami. Just look at Horne Lake. The cliff face above it let go back in the 70's I believe it was, and the resulting tsunami was large enough that you wouldn't have wanted to be near the lakes edge, or the lakes elevation anywhere next to it.

We are ALL going to die! Its a fact!
WHAT! oh ya - I guess that's why this rape pillage and plunder in the name of corporations, the stock market and greed - shouldn't be the focus of what we do here and now with our lives....

Now now now AA.... You know full well that the Chicken Little tone of this article is what I am alluding to....... :rolleyes:

I know Cuba. You are of course, correct. Just pointing-out the shortness of our lives - and that if we acknowledge the end is coming for us all - maybe the focus on greed and consumerism and the stock market is not only a distraction - but destructive to us and to our descendants. If we spent more time grappling with why we are here - rather than destructive distractions - I think we would make better choices wrt our own actions and society at large would benefit. My $0.02 worth...

Back