Solid fall Salmon fishing

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Dan the Fisher, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Dan the Fisher

Dan the Fisher New Member

Hey guys,

I dont often post on this forum unless its something conversation worthy but heres a recap of one of our trips last week on Lake Ontario.. Didnt have much down time to even get some water into me! We were targeting our 2nd and 3rd year fish.

hope you guys enjoy,

Dan

2. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Its reminds me of running through a school of sockeye with stacked rods! LMAO !!!! And the deckhand is one hard working dude!!!! Glad you guys have those opportunities-- not like those poor slobs in the Maritimes that are allowed to catch only doggies, flounder and macks.................. no lobbies, no crabs, no tuna to take home etc.

bigdogeh, Dan the Fisher and BCRingo like this.
  3. Dan the Fisher

Thanks Cuba Libre! We do our best to share what we have as a fishery!

4. Last Chance

Last Chance Admin Staff Member

Darn introduced Pacific Salmon! Take it easy on them, we'll need them for brood stock when our DFO manages ours into extinction.

bigdogeh likes this.
  5. Nice! I'm new to Ontario and fished Georgian Bay/Owen Sound for the first time this year. Definitely different from the west coast.. I must say it was bizzare pulling my first chinook out of a fresh water lake! Where do you launch/fish out of? I'd like to give it a shot one of these days.. keep an eye out for a hard top trophy with Nanaimo plates ;)

Dan the Fisher likes this.
  6. Dan the Fisher

oh man please dont say that!! I better kick it into high gear and get out there to experience the west coast fishery before she goes!

7. Dan the Fisher

Nice yeah were out of port credit on the north shore of lake ontario.

Good luck and maybe see ya out there!

Dan

Fish Whisperer likes this.
  8. Reeltime

Reeltime Well-Known Member

Nice!! ... non stop action .