Snug Cove Fees

reeltordarius

So I like to do the lunch thing when launching from Vanier to pick up the prawn traps.

We usually go to Horseshoe Bay to tie up while we have lunch, then pick the traps up on the way back. On 2 occasions we decided to go to Snug Cove (it's a bit closer) and tie up, but with both times costing $10 for less than an hour of time, I think we won't be doing that very often (if ever again).

I understand there are costs associated with running a marina, but after having been to countless marina's for lunch, it's rare to be charged for a quick stopover. What's the deal? Doesn't this just deter other boaters from frequenting the restaurants/shops on Bowen?

Thoughts?

Wait, excuse my ignorance, I didn't know there was a government dock there...

Sweet! Thanks for that info! Guess it wasn't in their best interest to let me know that ;)

There used to be an honour system moorage charge of, I believe, $2 for a few hours at the govt wharf. Envelopes and drop box at the shed at the top of the ramp. I don't know if that is still in effect, but you will want to bring some change with you.

There used to be an honour system moorage charge of, I believe, $2 for a few hours at the govt wharf. Envelopes and drop box at the shed at the top of the ramp. I don't know if that is still in effect, but you will want to bring some change with you.
Fair enough, no problem doing this!

Yup....Govie dock. Snug Cove sold in the past year or so (maybe 2 years)to the guy from Vancouver who did all the accounting services for the business. In the past we've been charged sometimes and others not, but only have gone in when the gov wharf is full.

Ya might be a new thing cause I've gone there lot's for lunch for a couple hours and never been charged. But saying that I've also been there lot's and stayed in their cabins with friends and family so they have us on file for that so maybe they were just being nice and not charging for our 2 hr lunch stops.

Back