Small boat heater

johnfw

what type of heater is safest and economical to be used on board Explorer 622 with full fishing canvas enclosure. Not looking to wear a t-shirt, just enough to take the chill off when it is 0-5 C and warm the hands.

Big buddy with adapter hose to 5lb bottle. Runs all day on hi if needed. Works great on my 18' with canvass fishing all winter long usually in longsleeve tshirt. Bigbuddy has a fan built in that keeps us fog free even in rain.

I've had great luck with the Espar D2 that I installed in my 18 foot Hewescraft. It will make it tee shirt weather and is dry heat so the windows don't fog up.
a32680484779580a95a2a0528f9ffa9c.jpg
880ac69eaa846677a553a9627a4b9dce.jpg
2a8abc6419af107fc55b1345baded337.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outboard or IO?

My thoughts exactly. If inboard bus heat all the way. Great cheap heat :).

If outboard then it's hard to beat the Buddy propane series of heaters like others have mentioned. They do take the edge off.

I have the diesel option like jack fish posted up in a fully enclosed cabin. You can literally be in a t-shirt in the cabin while waiting for your prawn traps to fill up in 0 degree weather :). They are a bit pricey but worth it IMO. I went the cheap route (around 1200 bucks) for a Snugger system.

I've been thinking of one for my Seasport. Can you post a pic of the furnace install? Where is your fuel tank? Are you using an impulse pump or gravity feed? Thanks

outboard.......wondering why you ask?

sorry. I get it after reading the entire thread, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
outboard.......wondering why you ask?

sorry. I get it after reading the entire thread, thanks

A Buddy Heater will work wonders for you. They are inexpensive and definitely take the edge off. I ran one for a year and it worked great in the winter time prawning and crabbing.

I was thinking Espar BUT never heard of snugger, that's a great price point.

Check this thread out.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...is-getting-a-little-Snugger&highlight=Snugger

Call Kevin at the Harbour Chandler. He is an expert on boat heaters. Cheap yes. That price is for a full kit that includes everything you need to install the unit (many company's don't have a complete kit). My cabin is fully enclosed. I am assuming your Seasport is as well. So far one glow plug went. Covered under warranty. No issues to date after that. I have ran quite a few gallons of fuel through this little unit.

Sorry for the hijack.

Cheers,
John

I am close to finishing a video on the installation of a Planar Heater. Kit costs around 800.00. Great Diesel heater, I will be posting this vid on Youfish.tv within the week. These look and function the same as an Espar.

Back