Sirius Marine Weather

Dave3770

I’ve been looking at putting the Navico WM-3 satellite antenna on my boat for the Sirius weather app. I have Lowrance hds displays, so it’s supposed to overlay my charts with weather info. I’m thinking it will be handy for when I’m running between Hardy and the north coast. It’s fairly steep in price so I’m wondering if anyone here has used the service and what their thoughts are.

I have recently installed WM-3 satellite antenna on my boat with a Simrad system and I am reasonably pleased with the results. That said I had problems with gaining weather reception through Canada Sirius and I am now enrolled with Sirius USA (for which you need a USA address and a USA denominated credit card). I am able to show on my MFD a dual chart screen with one screen zoomed-out to maximum on which I overlay Sirius weather and the other screen zoomed-in to a working range on which I usually overlay radar. I think all of the weather information is available through various Apps on a Smartphone but it is interesting to see weather information and everything overlaid on a chart which is constantly updated. I am very pleased with Sirius Music. Whether Sirius Weather is worth the not insubstantial subscription I have yet to decide but fortunately you are able to suspend subscriptions for those periods when it is perhaps not required. Like Dave3770 I have installed the system with the view to trips north of Port Hardy otherwise I think it is of very limited value in the Georgia Strait.

Last edited:
Back