Silver Streak Boats

Captainkirk

Hey was looking to buy a silver streak aluminum boat the 21' runabout hard top ! with a yamaha 225 and 9.9 kicker is it worth the money ? i was quoted like 80 grand with a trailer thought i would ask to see if there worth it ? thanks input would be great ... its loaded to self bailing deck, wash down lights head liner and painted !
captain kirk

I had a 15' Runabout with Reverse Chine Built by Silverstreak last year as my second rig. I know it's not in the same class of boat that you are looking at but a well built boat non the less. I have to admit that I was interested in a Northwest Aluminum at first but it came down to time and availability. They are nice rigs but you may have a long wait depending on the model you want. Since it was a smaller boat that I bought I only got the boat and trailer from them and rigged it myself once I got it and saved a lot of money. Here is a shot while it was being built and a shot of the inside before it was rigged. Goodluck!

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,694
  • DSC00959.jpg
    DSC00959.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,850
i need it to be a custom boat because ,im in a wheelchair silver streak was putting a davit and side door The endurance marine winch all
set up to go for approx. 900lbs is $2200.00 and the 26" swing in entry
door on the port side will be $ 1800.00 the boat need to be 21 feet so i can tow it or ill need a new truck to !

That is the nice thing with having one built for sure........make it your own exactly the way you want it and keep it forever. Sounds like your well on your way to getting one on the water.....:cool:

does north west aluminum make smaller boats than 31' ?
i've got a hundred thousand budget and i want to have one boat for the rest of my life ! ive been in a wheelchair now for five years just want to get on the water again ! five years ago i sold my boat for a motor bike and was hit witch paralized me,I need some boating/fishing therapy really bad

They definitely make them smaller than 31'. There are several guides in Port Renfrew that have them so you can always snoop around their sites to see some boat pictures. I was told that Northwest pulled their website because they were way to busy and were just trying to catch up. I think they sell lots of boats just by word of mouth.

Thanks Mike SO MUCH , YOu really have no idea how many used boats i've looked at ! wheelchair accessible boats are few and none ! custom is my only choice , Im 35 years old today!! want to buy one boat to fit me and my kids for awhile teach them what i was taught on the water !!!! thank you once again! i've sent Doug an email Really hope he emails back !!!
PS bug Doug for me too
RON KIRK
nanaimo bc
AKA captain kirk

Thanks Jackel ! i
looking to launch my boat by april or may 2012 ! and yes if all works out ill be fishing beside you on the west coast ! i really want to fish for halibut and springs thanks so much for the number and guidance ! if i could ask what does people think of the lifetimer aluminum boats ?

Hey Mike thanks again just spoke to Doug and he sounds interested ! but you are right he's crazy busy right now .Would you have any pictures of your boat ? or do you know any one else on the forum that has had a boat built by north west aluminum ?

22_Outboard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
northwest aluminum is pretty busy but ill wait for this 22' wheelchair accessible fishing machine it will be set up so i can drive from a wheelchair and fish with the best of them ! cant wait !

Nice looking ride.
I talked to Doug a few years ago about a similar boat, just couldn't work it out with the space I had at home.
I've heard nothing but good things about him and his boats though.
Good luck Ron.

Exciting times for sure there Captkirk! Good job as well Jackel for getting all the contact info......nice to see......:cool:

Big Big THANKS to Jackel (mike) and the Sport Fishing BC forum community ! I really appreciate the guidance and knowledge from everyone ! As I i was told the hard part is waiting but i do know that it will be well thought out in design and layout to accommodate my fishing needs and disability ! If i could ask a few questions on outboard motors. I was going to go with the new mercury 225 Verado but was told Yamaha 225A last longer .. any thoughts I do have 9 months to wait so any feed back would be useful. pro and cons on both. Or electronics to chartplotters / sounders / radar ? whats everyone using thats good ? I was thinking the Garmin GPSMAP 740s its all three in one ?
thanks for the help everyone !
captrkirk

Back