Sidney Reports 2015

Discussion in '2015 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by 4bouys, Jan 8, 2015.

1. GDW

GDW Active Member

That's the beauty of a sand lance bite... The fish keep eating and eating. That belly isn't near full he was probably half done dinner.

2. rockdog

rockdog Well-Known Member

Holy cow! That fish was stuffed full!

3. RogersonCrusoe

RogersonCrusoe Active Member

Out from 5:30 to 7:45 tonight at the Spit. Had a fish on within 45 of getting the first rod in the water. Lost it though. One fish broke off my trailer hook on the teaser. Overall ended up with a wild coho (released) and a small chinook. Not bad for an approaching storm.

All five hits were on a Madi flasher and bloody nose teaser at 45' on the cable.

4. Mark L

Mark L Member

Sounds like some good action out there! Cool to hear the coho are showing up. I haven't been out for a week...hopefully the wind holds up today so I can get out there after work today.

5. RogersonCrusoe

RogersonCrusoe Active Member

I've been the only boat out there the last three times. There are fish to be had but everyone is running to Pender - makes for low stress fishing :D

Forgot to mention that a pod of three orcas came by and the big male surfaced 30 feet from my boat! A real cool experience.

Mark, I use www.windyty.com to view the wind forecasts. It's been pretty accurate for me. Give it a try!

6. Rum Buddies

Rum Buddies Active Member

nope you're wrong, the fish are only at Pender - don't bother fishing anywhere else.

7. markustyson

markustyson Member

Fished the powder wharf and spit today from 9-1. One small spring released. One keeper Lingcod. A few boats out there but most headed to Over to the bluffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk