Sidney Reports 2015

Couldn't get over how full his belly was. Think I counted 29 sandlance in there.

That's the beauty of a sand lance bite... The fish keep eating and eating. That belly isn't near full he was probably half done dinner.

Out from 5:30 to 7:45 tonight at the Spit. Had a fish on within 45 of getting the first rod in the water. Lost it though. One fish broke off my trailer hook on the teaser. Overall ended up with a wild coho (released) and a small chinook. Not bad for an approaching storm.

All five hits were on a Madi flasher and bloody nose teaser at 45' on the cable.

Sounds like some good action out there! Cool to hear the coho are showing up. I haven't been out for a week...hopefully the wind holds up today so I can get out there after work today.

I've been the only boat out there the last three times. There are fish to be had but everyone is running to Pender - makes for low stress fishing :D

Forgot to mention that a pod of three orcas came by and the big male surfaced 30 feet from my boat! A real cool experience.

Mark, I use www.windyty.com to view the wind forecasts. It's been pretty accurate for me. Give it a try!

Fished the powder wharf and spit today from 9-1. One small spring released. One keeper Lingcod. A few boats out there but most headed to Over to the bluffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back