shimano techniums discontinued?

Fixit

im getting some techniums from a highschool friend this week, but they have a black butt section. cant find anything on shimanos web site

specifically TNC-M106MH142 anyone got any leads on this model?

Oh jeez! You scared me there. They have gone to the cork handles and the wavy paint finish. I have two and I really like them, as they have the same great action they’ve had in the past. Medium heavy is the way to go.

I’ve only seen the cork handles for the better part of a year now. Somebody please jump in if I’m wrong!

Seen quite a few technium rods at the Outdoor show this past weekend. Only noticed the cork handle models.

im getting some techniums from a highschool friend this week, but they have a black butt section. cant find anything on shimanos web site

specifically TNC-M106MH142 anyone got any leads on this model?

A special order that PNT has available.... pm me and let me know what model u want solid eye or cermic...

Anyone ever fishing the 10'6 techniums with stainless steel guides? I'd assume they'd be more durable.

Anyone ever fishing the 10'6 techniums with stainless steel guides? I'd assume they'd be more durable.
I fish them-had way too much trouble with the ceramic eyes!! No problem with the solid eyes-but I honestly don't think they are stainless but some other durable metal.

A little heavier..a different balance.... Lodges prefer the solid eye more... sport guys cermic.. I'm a ceramic guy...

any sale pices? or the typical 199$
You could ask for a discount. Especially if you buy two. I got mine on Boxing Day, they were in the giving mood. They weren’t on sale, but they dropped them to $150 each for me.

I fish them-had way too much trouble with the ceramic eyes!! No problem with the solid eyes-but I honestly don't think they are stainless but some other durable metal.
All the rods I have purchased over the last 5 years all have solid eyes now. I’ve had too many inserts pop out

I use the Technium 10’6” guide series which are the rods with full stainless guides no inserts. Really like them but would like to have them in a medium light. Medium heavy is a bit heavy I figure but never the less a good rod that can handle some good abuse.

Back