SFBC Burgee

pescador

Anybody cosidered having a SFBC Burgee made up so we can spot other members while on the water? Sort of fly the flag and know who's who while on the water. I'd kick in $ 25 if others have an interest I'm sure we can get some made up for that or less. Maybe something with Bill Reids "Dog Salmon" on it and the SFBC logo??

Lets see what the SFBC owners say. Obviously we'd seek their support. I'd suggest a burgee that has some form of a Salmon on it not too complicated and is easily identifiable from some distance. We're all bros here. Safety in numbers. We'll know who we'll be able to count on when there's an issue out on the water.

I'll be Long Duck Dong.
You know, 16 candles?....."whats-a-happening,hotstuff!"
Errr, ok, I am a geek
imgres

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take one

White on black, jumping salmon over crossed bones, LOL

I'd take one.

Halibut on the Burgee too

I think it would be good to also include a Halibut on the Burgee along with a salmon. We want to assert our rights to sport fishing at every opportunity.

Why don't we all send our brain storming ideas and then start getting some sketches posted as JPGs. We can add our comments until we get something that most are happy with. Then get artwork made and find a willing supplier to help out with production. Maybe we can raise additional funds from the sales.

My thoughts.
icon3.png

Funding for kids would be a great idea

holmes I always get a chuckle when I read your posts. Keep it up.

Funding for kids would be a great idea, pretty hard to argue with that.

Does anyone here have any connections for logo wear etc. I guess yacht clubs and power squadrons are ordering this type of custom Burgee on a regular basis.

Eastpoint

I like this idea (the flag, not the Oilers!). Would it be possible to get them with our handles on them, so we know who we're fishing around? Or is that too much work/cost? Also, what about a patch for the fishing vest?

Maybe rather than trying to get every kind of popular sport fish on there we could get a representation of general fishing gear like hook, rod, boat, waders, frying pan? Or fly flasher hoochie spoon jig? Something that covers lakes, rivers and oceans. Or something simple like the spoof on a jesus fish, just a fish outline with a hook through its lips.

oooh its just like the night before Christmas

yup, count me in,, jesus fish with a hook in its mouth

represents our god given right!!

Holmes, I took the liberty to get some pricing at a place I know while I was having some logo shirts made up last week. A 12 x 18 inch burgee imaged both sides, stitched ends with two gromits for mounting will run around $ 20 with an order of 25. I've got exact costs in office by incremental order size. I'll pm you in the morning. Costs drop quite a bit when you get up to 50 burgees.

Holmes, I'd support any charity that links fishing and kids. Not sure what the earning potential is though unless we mark up the burgees and sell one heck of a lot of them.

Back