Seafood Recipes ....... ( Grilled Spot prawns )

Discussion in 'Recipes, Storage and Preparation of Seafood' started by Reeltime, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Reeltime

Reeltime Well-Known Member

Found a new recipe thought whoever is catching would like a new way of cooking them.

*Butterfly the prawn from the belly and snap it flat, slice down the centre does it.

Basting sauce

*In a pan put 1/4 cup olive oil ,1/2 tsp sesame oil and 4 cloves crushed garlic and sweat for 2 min .

*add sake which i prefer or white wine which is still tasty 1/4 cup

*1/2 a lemon

*good pinch salt to taste

cook for 5 min You can adjust all the ingredients i go heavy garlic and sake

When the shell is grilled it gives a real great prawn taste very intense prawn flavour.

On a high heat grill shell down, baste meat heavy , cook to your desire time, i do 4o sec on shell
    then 20-30 sec on meat side, do a last heavy meat side baste a 5 sec grill then off. flames are good.

IMG_9526.JPG IMG_9551.PNG IMG_9540.JPG

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Geno, Rain City, lazylump and 8 others like this.
  2. trophywife

trophywife Well-Known Member

now i need to go prawning.

3. the fog ducker

the fog ducker Well-Known Member

trade ya ?? Tuna loins :)

4. trophywife

trophywife Well-Known Member

it is illegal to buy, barter or trade sport caught fish. :p

Fishtofino likes this.
  5. Reeltime

Boy would i like to get some Tuna loins to... :) @the fog ducker It's a game changer the grilled prawns Blair, its just like the Keg little mini lobsters.

trophywife likes this.
  6. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

Caught ur prawns on instagrame.. I have to give it a try ..looks danm good....:D

20171104_175345_resized.jpg

Reeltime and trophywife like this.
  7. Reeltime

ha nice! you won't be disappointed, bit more prep but so worth it, i try to use the biggest prawns.

And there's that beautiful tuna, i've gotta source who sells in town, i crave it so much instead of tuna i did sashimi spot prawns you probably saw.

*light soy sauce
    *rice wine vinegar
    *sesame oil
    *sambal chilli ( chilli sauce in a bottle )
    *grated or chopped fresh ginger

After prepping the prawns on the plate put it back in the freezer on the plate to chill right down.

pour sauce over prawns when ready to serve

IMG_9524.JPG

8. fish brain

fish brain Active Member

Aw man this thread makes my mouth water.
    I love the sesame seeds on Derby's thumb

9. Reeltime

ha that's awesome ... i should re name it Seafood recipes, so everyone can post there famous recipes and pictures , after all this is what we all catch and really take
    pride in is our seafood. ok will change it.

fish brain likes this.