Sea Lice and Fish Farms

So frustrating when science and the facts show salmon farms as being a major contributor to the reductions and eventual extinction of many wild salmon populations and runs, and the government bodies that should be regulating the farming look the other way and allow the farms to not only exist on the migratory routes but also thrive and expand. Insanity at the highest levels... Our government regulators and DFO should be ashamed at the environment they've created and allowed...

Shaking my head at the thought of what could be in this province with so many fishers and hunters a large, wealthy, aggressive, feared by government lobby.

Shaking my head at the thought of what could be in this province with so many fishers and hunters a large, wealthy, aggressive, feared by government lobby.

You'd think so, but truth is too many are complacent and turn a blind eye to what's going on.

You'd think so, but truth is too many are complacent and turn a blind eye to what's going on.

It's hard to sustain a certain level of being alarmed in the population when the Alarmists haven't stopped shouting for nearly 2 decades now.

Nor have the Alarmists stopped being wrong most of the time.

It's hard to sustain a certain level of being alarmed in the population when the Alarmists haven't stopped shouting for nearly 2 decades now.

Nor have the Alarmists stopped being wrong most of the time.

We put a hole in the ozone layer just using one finger. The alarmists, alarmed us. They motivated us and we dodged a bullet that would have seen a cancer infested (uv rays) planet and depletion of ocean plankton causing mass die offs. Those alarming alarmists again ....

Care to elaborate about being wrong most of the time?

First I'll make the point clear I'm not a fan of open net fish farms and my point was more a comment towards people being apparently more complacent.

As to your question, Im referring to past computer model predictions by Alarmists generally being vastly different to the observations in the mean time.

Edit: I have to note here, the major danger is these models that have been observed to be wrong, are being used to guide policy.

Last edited:
We put a hole in the ozone layer just using one finger. The alarmists, alarmed us. They motivated us and we dodged a bullet that would have seen a cancer infested (uv rays) planet and depletion of ocean plankton causing mass die offs. Those alarming alarmists again ....
Right-on seascene. Let's not forget those seatbelt or drinking or driving alarmists. Those iceberg alarmists on the unsinkable Titanic. After all, nothing can go wrong... go wrong... go wrong...

Predictions of everyone wearing seat belts lowering auto fatalities proved correct through observation.

Climate models.........not so much. Some objective research into Climate Models V Observation will be helpful to more than a few people.

Back to my original point. Don't get down at people if they aren't hysterical. They are that way and getting more skeptical because the Alarmists have over done their arguement.

Predictions of everyone wearing seat belts lowering auto fatalities proved correct through observation.

Climate models.........not so much. Some objective research into Climate Models V Observation will be helpful to more than a few people.

Back to my original point. Don't get down at people if they aren't hysterical. They are that way and getting more skeptical because the Alarmists have over done their arguement.

Only partly true IMHO. The biggest issue I think if the number and severity of the issues the average citizen needs to be aware of and concerned about in our neighborhood, city, region, nation and planet today. Most people are overwhelmed by all the things going wrong that need to be dealt with in some way and understandably so. Humans are doing a lot of harmful things to each other and to the planet. So people tune out and turn off to cope. Not saying it is a good thing, or the right thing to do, its just what happens a lot today. So I say we need so called "alarmists" to a very least to bring to our attention the problems that are occurring. They get "hysterical" sometimes to get our attention from the noise all the other issues. Other times it is because they are truly serious problems. It is how we respond to all these issues that ultimately is most important as our responses will impact our future.

I've looked but can't see anywhere that shows actual run returns increasing after the closure of a fish farm.

Does anyone have any data on that?

Back