Sangstercraft?

L

Ldrop

Hi. Any info or pics of Sangstercraft boats? I've been searching forums for any feedback.
I've acquired one with the interior completely gutted and was wondering if it's worth the fix.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Had an old 24 Bell Bouy one time. There the same hull, this was a fly bridge model. Good boat, takes a kicken and keeps on ticken...
Depends on what you paid for it I guess, as to how much you want to dump in to it. One word of advice though, If its an Inboard/ outboard, and its ready for repower, Go out board! For the cost of an out bracket bolted on to the transome, you are so much further ahead than screwing around with an old I,O. You can find big HP outboards for sale easily on the used market, that are a lot more maint. friendly, and as an added bonus, you get a ton of room to work with in the back where your inboard used to be. I've done this to a few boats in the past and have never been sorry yet.
Wanna get some ideas, check out www.boattraderonline.com
Lots to look at there, for good ideas to do to your rig...
Good luck with your new toy...

Had an old 24 Bell Bouy one time. There the same hull, this was a fly bridge model. Good boat, takes a kicken and keeps on ticken...
Depends on what you paid for it I guess, as to how much you want to dump in to it. One word of advice though, If its an Inboard/ outboard, and its ready for repower, Go out board! For the cost of an out bracket bolted on to the transome, you are so much further ahead than screwing around with an old I,O. You can find big HP outboards for sale easily on the used market, that are a lot more maint. friendly, and as an added bonus, you get a ton of room to work with in the back where your inboard used to be. I've done this to a few boats in the past and have never been sorry yet.

Thanks for the reply Prowler. Going outboard is definitely something to be considered!

Thanks for the reply Prowler. Going outboard is definitely something to be considered!

Ldrop
Sangster boats were a popular boat in the mid-seventies heavy and pretty good in the chuck.
What length and engine size and make, I presume it has a I/O engine.
Don't agree about changing to a outboard, my opinion is that they are noisy harder to maintain and use way more fuel.
But this is a old argument with lots of different opinions.

If it is a older engine and not fresh water cooled, forget it.

Check the internet for replacement parts especially the manifolds.
I recently spent $4000 rebuilding a Old Volvo only to learn that the cheapest replacement manifold was over $2000US.

Ldrop
Sangster boats were a popular boat in the mid-seventies heavy and pretty good in the chuck.
Don't agree about changing to a outboard, my opinion is that they are noisy harder to maintain and use way more fuel.

I recently spent $4000 rebuilding a Old Volvo only to learn that the cheapest replacement manifold was over $2000US.

Ldrop

Hi,

I've got an old 16' Sangster. I've just riped off the old wood to redo it all as it was starting to split and rot. The fiberglass is fine and the transum is pretty good too. I've got a 55 hp evinrude on the back.

I could make a few digital pictures if you are really interested in seeing on, although it is in parts.

let me know: sheldon_bennett@canada.com

Back