San Juan ... black or silver in the river?

I'm planning a trip for next Sunday now that Coho are open there. Anyone have any current info on the condition and quantity of victims, I mean Coho?

Are there specific hotspots I should avoid due to crowds?

I'll be fly chucking and my brother-in-law will be dragging wool.

Thanks,
Alex

Come on guys, surely someone has been on the San Juan recently?

... or is it a dead area, reserved for bears only?

Alex

Alex

Alex

Alex

Yup the Sanny's been pretty hot as of late, we drifted it last week and hooked 25+ coho ALL on spoons and spinners. # 3 Colorado in the brass, # 4 Blue Fox Brass were the ticket as usuall. If you can get to it try the confluance at Harris creek/ San Jaun River, major stacking hole.

Yup the Sanny's been pretty hot as of late, we drifted it last week and hooked 25+ coho ALL on spoons and spinners. # 3 Colorado in the brass, # 4 Blue Fox Brass were the ticket as usuall. If you can get to it try the confluance at Harris creek/ San Jaun River, major stacking hole.

Well, we went up last Sunday and hit the Harris confluence pool, as well as runs up stream of it. All we found were some ugly Chum. From the 4-5 people we met the luck that day was the same. Only a couple of drift boats seemed to be into fish, but not at that location.

Admittedly, we had limited access to spoons and spinners having setup to use flies and wool. I did use a series of weighted silver mylar minnow patterns with no success.

Oh well, at least we got sun burnt in November!

Alex

Well, we went up last Sunday and hit the Harris confluence pool, as well as runs up stream of it. All we found were some ugly Chum. From the 4-5 people we met the luck that day was the same. Only a couple of drift boats seemed to be into fish, but not at that location.

Admittedly, we had limited access to spoons and spinners having setup to use flies and wool. I did use a series of weighted silver mylar minnow patterns with no success.

Alex

Alex

Back