sampson narrows

Fisherf

fished there last night for a cupple hours. 3 nice hits. no fish boated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep trying it,Fisherf. Bold Bluff was a hot spot back in the late 70's,early 80's.It's not what it used to be but can be
pretty good if your hitting it at the right time.Good luck there young feller!

I used to mooch there in the 80's, and trolled up one of my first big salmon when scotty had the blue downriggers. Have not fished there since the early 80's. probably good this time of year for the Cowichan remnant run. When is it open vs closed?

Good stinging there and motor mooching on the ebb right at the narrows, I spent many many hours refining my ability there. I hope before I die the runs come back even a wee bit that was a fantastic fishery

My only advise is look at current chart you want t o hit it when it slows in there and changes... Concentrate on the bluff to the marine farm and tack to the flagpole. Some big fish have come from there last few months, but its kept very quiet up here. Only drag sometimes its is loaded with seals. Good luck.

fished there last weekend. 4 good hits. but no fish boated. seen some other guys get some good ones. there was one guy who got a 20 pounder!

Back