Saltwater Recreational Licences finally coming to the Maritimes

Sportsfishermen get jerked around So Much in Atlantic Canada it's not even funny-did you know it's against the law to fish for Albacore for sport?

Sportsfishermen get jerked around So Much in Atlantic Canada it's not even funny-did you know it's against the law to fish for Albacore for sport?
AND it's illegal to recreational fish for lobsters out East - while on this coast - it's legal to rec fish for Dungeness. Go figure!

I have had discussions with NS anglers about how badly they get screwed by DFO. They seem to have just accepted the status quo and relinquished their rights to the commercial industry. Strange how the commercial guys can raise absolutely holy hell to make their points with DFO , but the rec fishers are a bunch of wimps !

What has unfortunately happened back east to the rec sector there should be a powerful reminder to us rec fishers on the west coast to never let what happened to them, happen to us. We need to continue to fight and lobby for our citizen access rights or DFO and crony politicians will do the same to us here!

I was blown away how bad it is there for the rec guys. My father in law fishes (Bay of Fundy) for small 1 to 2 lb flounder for 3 or 4 weeks of the late spring, early summer.. It's about all they can fish for there legally. No lobster, no halibut, no salmon fishing in the ocean unless your commercial... unbelievable really. Yep, they let the government and politicians screw them over, left right and center... and we're beginning to let them incrementally do it to us here also...imo.

excuse me but what do you mean we are alittle slow down here,,please tell me how we are slow?
Mister you are allowing both the commercial fleet and the politicians they have in their pockets dictate what you're allowed to fish for.

You are completely shut out of angling opportunities for Swordfish, Tuna and Halibut and saltwater Salmon-that is unacceptable- but you don't seem to have what it takes to stand up on your strong hind legs, organise, get some legal representation, and Go To War!

The courts exist for a reason learn to use the law to your advantage.

Back