Salmon in Victoria lately?

likwit

It seems hali is all the rage right now... but i was wondering if anyone has been out for salmon lately in Victoria.

Constance? Waterfront? ???

Any reports? I'm hoping to get out after work on the weekend this week...

Waterfront was slow yesterday...
tried strip and squirts between 140 and 160'
not a touch [V]

Sounds like Albert head has been more productive.

Salmon fishing has slowed down as of this past weekend there is the odd fish off albert as well as the oak bay flats but all in all very slow,it should pick up by the end of the week when we start to get some stronger flood tides.

I'm off to Sidney in the am to start prefishing for the derby so i'll let you know how the salmon fishing is there.

I was out fishing around James Island on saturday evening, out from Sidney, caught a nice 8 lb spring...caught at 50 feet with an anchovie...and it fit the slot size.

Hey Kokanee, from what i read, you are in area 19-6 which does not fall into the slot size, its for areas 19-1 to 19-4 and 20-5; basically Cadboro Pt to Sheringham Pt.

;)

Now that the restrictions have been removed has anyone been getting any Springs ???
I just read the outfitter's report and salmon fishing sounds pretty
dismal...

There has been a few fish in the 20's off cony and there has been a small bite off Albert Head in the am.The bigger one's have a little shalower.

I hear there were only 3 fish weighed in on the derby in Sidney.I think it's that time of year.

Think he meant sumtin' else

9.gif

Been chatting with a few of the locals all i can say is DAMN slow.

I fished the waterfront today for the first time in 8 months. I got a 14 lb spring, missed another good salmon and had another strike which I think was a rockfish. got the spring at 30 feet on the downrigger. Looks like the fish are moving in, even thought there aren't too many of them.

Back