Salmon Charters - Domain Forsale

F

Freeman

Good morning,

I've decided to sell my domain name 'salmoncharters.com'. It's obviously one of the best fishing domains out there and highly marketable for any salmon charter business. Imagine SalmonCharters.com on the side of your boat or truck.

I'm currently taking offers on sedo (link below) which includes a buy it now price. The buy it now price is a limited offer.

http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=salmoncharters.com

Hmmm...nice domain name...if you're not using it...will you lend it to me for...hmmm...how about 20 years...:D

Only 8 grand.

quote:Originally posted by Freeman

Good morning,

I've decided to sell my domain name 'salmoncharters.com'. It's obviously one of the best fishing domains out there and highly marketable for any salmon charter business. Imagine SalmonCharters.com on the side of your boat or truck.

I'm currently taking offers on sedo (link below) which includes a buy it now price. The buy it now price is a limited offer.

http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=salmoncharters.com

quote:From a business standpoint, it's pretty good.

My business for the last 5 years has been internet marketing and trust me when I say this it is not a good investment at that price.

A domain on its own is not worth much. Gone are the days of domain driven search engine rankings.

If you pay more then $1000 you're a total sucker.

I would hate to see the price when the "limited time offer" ends.[:eek:)]

Poppa Swiss Posted - 01/16/2008 : 21:25:12

quote: My business for the last 5 years has been internet marketing and trust me when I say this it is not a good investment at that price.

A domain on its own is not worth much. Gone are the days of domain driven search engine rankings.

Pricey game to spend on site optimization too with the fishing charters game with so much competition. Just like B and B's, so many in a small target area.I was quoted $1500 a month by some yahoo to have mine optimized, Yikes! looks like i will keep it small and simple.

quote:Just like B and B's
Exactly and it takes a lot more then a domain name to get good search engine rankings these days. You're better off with something catchy and brandable.

hey tailspin - ya $1500/month is a ridiculous and your return would certainly not justify that. 99% of SEO(search engine optimizers) are a joke.

Just look into Pay Per Click advertising on google via adwords.com

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

quote:From a business standpoint, it's pretty good.

My business for the last 5 years has been internet marketing and trust me when I say this it is not a good investment at that price.

I didn't offer him anywhere NEAR what he was asking..

Salmoncharter.ca is still available although salmoncharters.ca is in use. Not sure on registering without the "s".

Good post Poppa. Interesting to learn a bit more about how the net and search engines work.

Hey there,

I just wanted to reply to a few comments made and offer a little knowledge on the subject at hand.

In regards to Poppa, you would have to be a total sucker to think this domain is only worth $1000. The fact is LastChance and others who are interested see the potential in this domain. Ever heard of location, location, location?

When it comes to salmon charters, marketing in the real world is just as important as online. As we all know this industry has a lot of competition. Wouldn't you want to stand out from the crowd with the best domain for it? Sure, top ranking in search engines is important, but there is more to marketing. I would also like to mention that when you build salmoncharters.com, actively promote it online, you will gain search engine ranking. You're not guaranteed top position, nobody is. But, if someone is looking down the results and see SalmonCharters.com, there's a higher chance they will click it.

The most important thing is this. SalmonCharters.com is easy to remember. People will remember that address without writing it down. That's important. Having your website address on the side of your truck and/or boat is a great way to attract clients. If you're driving down the highway at mach 10 and a potential client next to you glances at your address, they aren't going to have time to write down your longdomainwithauselessextensionlike.biz. They probably wouldn't remember your madeupdomain.com either, but they will remember SalmonCharters.com. Existing clients will have an easier time referring you to their friends also. Another great thing is SalmonCharters.com is a type-in a domain. That means people will type in this domain without knowing whats there. That's a good thing because they wouldn't be typing salmoncharters.com if they weren't interested in salmon charters.

If anyone still doesn't think domains are valuable, I suggest you take a look at dnjournal.com. There are many websites out there that focus on domains, but this one shows you all the latest domain sales that are publically known.

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2007/ytd-sales-charts-2007.htm

All in all, I think the price on this domain is pretty cheap considering the potential and rarity of it. It wouldn't take long to pay off this investment.

Beat it freeman! This is a forum for discussing fishing topics etc... Go find something better to do then try to rip people off on a website and weasel your way onto a site!

Back