Saanich Inlet Prawning.

Hey guys i checked with dfo and it will be open april 1 for sure but you never know i have seen them change there mind guicker than the opposite sex lol

commercial fisherman dont give a s**t about the resources you should know that by now look at the seine fishery when you watch them or how they used to shrimp up in knight inlet i was there one time watching a boat throw back buckets of prawns that were dead from one of those big net dragers with the steel boom that bounced along the bottom draging up what ever was in the way the down side was they could only keep shrimp not prawns because they only can carry 1 licence it was good for the lodge because we would get the prawns off of them for like 20 bucks for a fish tub full of praws but if we wernt around they became seagull food, good management of our fishery!!!!!!!!!!

in tribune channel near minstrel island on the east side of craycroft island.yes i have fished knight inlet since 94 every year i work for a lodge up there so i get the chance to guide every year it has been good some days better thay others. they put the lodge up near glendale cove about an 30 min boat ride north of there. where do you plan on going fishing up there?where are you going to launch from eve river or telegraph? yes the feeder springs are great to catch there imagine a 35 lb feeder in cold water they fight like you wouldnt believe we use a lot of old lucky louie plug or the dummy flasher set up with whole herring or just the standby flasher and anchovies.

sorry i made a mistake there are so many inlets and channel up there the correct place is CLIO CHANNEL sorry for any confusion wolf

the log dump at eve is fine they dont use it any more as a site some times the gate is open or you can use the shore there is a launch that was built by loggers last year glacier bay was pretty good but it was spotty we were getting quite a bit at siwash and sally creek and kwalate pt we didnt fish bouliver creek much because there was quite a bit of rock slide activity so we did go near there at all it was quite cool seeing rocks the size of trucks falling into the ocean though.ill check with my boss if minstral is open the last i heard it was going into receivership just keep in touch as soon as i find out ill let you know Wolf

aahhhhh no i work for sailcone lodge on minstrel island and the have a floating lodge that they tow to different spots like raibow falls in the spring then craycroft island in the summer.

Back