Run of River Meeting at UVic - April 16th

Captain Dudds

Rafe Mair and Damien Gillis are presenting on the hydro-power river diversions on April 16th at UVic. I don't think most people understand the scale or numbers of these projects - Definitely worth learning about. Below is the advertising poster. Also, if anyone doesn't know their way around UVic, let me know and I'll give details about parking and such.

SORS-Victoria-poster2.jpg

Captain Dudds

Good idea Dudds.
Maybe you could post some parking info.

See you there!

Awesome meeting!

Finally got to meet Rafe and Damien.

Sadly, the turnout was only 50 or so...

IF BC'S SPORTFISHERMAN DON'T UNITE AND RALLY PUBLIC-OPINION AGAINST GORDON CAMPBELL'S 'GIVE-AWAY' OF NEARLY 700 OF BC'S FISH-BEARING RIVERS & STREAMS, OUR FISH AND OUR WATER WILL BE CONSIGNED TO AMERICAN INTERESTS FOR ETERNITY!

This will result in: the dissolution of BC Hydro (the envy of the world) and the hundreds of millions of dollars they put into BC schools and hospitals each year; California-style electrical utility bills 4-times higher than you are currently enjoying; the rape and pilage of nearly 700 of BC's most pristine fish-bearing rivers & streams along with hundreds of thousands of hectares prime (carbon-eating) forest; consignment (under the NAFTA Treaty) of BC's world-renowned fresh-water resource to American administration - for eternity.

Please take a moment and visit the Save Our Rivers website then think about what all this will mean to our children and grandchildren...

It will surely stagger you.

Then think about passing on your message to others as to why Gordon Campbell - the 'Superman' of environmental-rape - and the BC Liberals won't get your vote on May 12th.

Back