Roe....... Bags or natural

T

tight lines

Anyone have any advice with regards to using roe as bait for Chinook?

I have been cutting up the skene and letting it dry a bit and then mixing it with Borax in a baggie. Then using it on a bait hook and the roe milks when it is in the water.

I see some people use roe bags and I wonder if these are better or not? How do they attach to the bait hook? I also see others using Pro Cure and it makes it brighter? Does the brighter color really work?

Looking for advice!!

Thanks

Vince gee is an expert on this topic. He has devoted his life to the art of roe preservation and fishable techniques. Mr. Bags himself may come out of the woods and reveal some more info on this topic.

Vince gee is an expert on this topic. He has devoted his life to the art of roe preservation and fishable techniques. Mr. Bags himself may come out of the woods and reveal some more info on this topic.

And I'm waiting with bated breath to see their responses.
Get it? Bated breath......BWAHAHAHAH

Oh geeze.....I just crack myself up sometimes.

OK Vince......... let's hear what you have to say? Sounds like there are a lot of people interested in learning!!!

Tight Lines

OK Vince......... let's hear what you have to say? Sounds like there are a lot of people interested in learning!!!

Tight Lines

Tight Lines

i might be able to help you out.if your bounching the fraser,use wool,corkey's,or small spin"n"glow's.unless your bar fishing then use bait in a sack,you want the roe to milk that's the most importent thing the bag will keep the roe on longer for the milking prosess.cureing your roe is better then natural because [i think ]it will milk longer with the borax on it,great for drifting,or sitting on the river bottem,as far as adding the color to roe,it can't hurt.this is my thought's on natural or bags...good luck ,have fun ,keep cool,n keep a tight line

i might be able to help you out.if your bounching the fraser,use wool,corkey's,or small spin"n"glow's.unless your bar fishing then use bait in a sack,you want the roe to milk that's the most importent thing the bag will keep the roe on longer for the milking prosess.cureing your roe is better then natural because [i think ]it will milk longer with the borax on it,great for drifting,or sitting on the river bottem,as far as adding the color to roe,it can't hurt.this is my thought's on natural or bags...good luck ,have fun ,keep cool,n keep a tight line

I'm not gonna even touch this one!!! By the way nice to see Dave H is still lurking in the shadow's...

I'm not gonna even touch this one!!! By the way nice to see Dave H is still lurking in the shadow's...

Oh Vinny your pal bags left us hanging dont be a follower, BE A LEADER!!!!!!!

Back