Road from Gold River to Tahsis

Twinstrike

Just heard that the road into Tahsis is getting an upgrade. This is great news for us folks that tow our boats into Tahsis over the road. Just got this from the Westview Newsletter.
$3 million upgrade

YES! 13km of new & resurfaced road will be completed this summer. No major delays in traffic are planned as the work is done. Over the past several years most of the many bridges have been replaced. 90+% of the roadway has been widened to the point where passing large commercial vehicles is not an issue. 2 maintenance graders work on the road daily. When this summer project is completed more than ½ of the roadway will be chip seal pavement.

Not sure how that makes it more than half paved considering what is currently paved can barely be considered paved. on the positive glad to hear of this funding and improvement. finally the road gets improved just as the fishing and prawning diminishes go figure

Not sure how that makes it more than half paved considering what is currently paved can barely be considered paved. on the positive glad to hear of this funding and improvement. finally the road gets improved just as the fishing and prawning diminishes go figure
I would agree with you on the prawn's diminishing however you would have to explain to me how the fishing is diminishing as the fishing was very good last summer offshore and in Esperanza inlet and I expect the same this year.

I would agree with you on the prawn's diminishing however you would have to explain to me how the fishing is diminishing as the fishing was very good last summer offshore and in Esperanza inlet and I expect the same this year.
Anyone who thinks the fishing is diminishing in Esperenza Inlet needs to brush up on there fishing skills! It's been solid the last few seasons for sure and one of the best places to fish!

Anyone who thinks the fishing is diminishing in Esperenza Inlet needs to brush up on there fishing skills! It's been solid the last few seasons for sure and one of the best places to fish!

Is it like it was in the 60's? No, but what is. Its still spectacular though. Some years its blessed better than Nootka.

I will always miss the good old days before the re grade of the Summit to Cougar Creek main line. Switch backs on blind corners onto one way bridges. Made you feel alive!

Still remember a boulder on the road that was too big to push with a cat, and the highways guys had the bright idea of putting a safety cone on top.

It did little good sitting 8 feet in the air, with no other markers other than some orange spray paint on the side of the boulder.

But that told you that you were really off the beaten track.

Drewski

Back