Repowering,Volvo Penta 4.3

ziggy

I’m thinking I may need to repower my Campion. The current engine is a 2000 4.3 Volvo Penta. Apparently VP no longer makes the the old 4.3 and the new replacement doesn’t work with the older outdrive. If any one knows where a guy can pick up a replacement engine I’d be grateful for a lead.

No one more surprised than I was when I started looking at replacement options. New 4.3 with the new Volvo drive was quoted me @ 22k. I was thinking heck a Chevy vortect, how hard can finding a replacement be lol!

It's in the classifieds, does about 100 feet per minute starting with a 7" base 50' alder. Start your own smokehouse wood chip business.

Michiganmotorz does new Marine long blocks and reman bobtail engines. Pricing seems not bad never inquired about freight cost though. Heard of a few guys getting engines from them and worked out quite well.

Give maple marine a call in langley. Trevor is a stand up guy and just replaced a friends 4.3 in his trophy. Tried to stuff a 5.0 in there but wouldn’t fit without a bunch of modifications

Back