Ready Set Jet

Roe Bags

Just wondering if any of you have information on running the Cowichan River in a jet sled? Above or below the silver bridge in Duncan? Been hearing getting alot of mixed information on the subject and would like to clarify!

In the lower section most people just drive their 4+4 into the river at different access points.... turn the tunes up and cast from the roof ....works just as good......yeeehawww....

Hey Bags, there's a reason no one uses jet sleds on the Cow. Stay on the Somass where you belong, and by the way, if you "harvest" any steelies from the Cowichan you will have your sled confiscated along with a $5000 fine and a lifetime fishing ban in BC.
Happy sledding, and we'll be watching for you...

Blackleech know your facts before you beek!!!There is hatchery fish on the cow when did they become outlawed????$5000 fine who's gonna enforce that???The co's have no right too fine or give tickets on that its a federal transport canada issue!!Look it up you can use a sled below silver bridge and legally!!!However there is no need for one on that flow i'll agree with that!!

What a kick watching all of these guy's with seven or eight posts beeking off what, where, when and how many so and so is killing. Seeing how their first five posts were all about asking the guy's how to catch fish.. Frickin hilarious.. It just keeps getting better and better on this site, hey vinny-cheers dirty

Don't even think of it above the Silver Bridge. It's not the Stamp/Somass. The flow is chaotic.
Not illegal, but even the idea is much frowned upon. (The upper end has, anyway, I believe, a 10hp maximum).
As said earlier, not necessary, and if desired, it can be drifted.
Below the bridge the tribes get to collect whatever boats float or roar by (humour).

Right on Dirty!!!.....i dont think these guys get it,they take the bait from bags everytime on the bait and jet thing!!!There just like tired old summers taking bait!!!Or is that fresh,dumb,chromers????

Yeah, good point Dirt... my 7 posts definitely reflects how long I've been fishing. I hope I didn't ruin my chances of getting more tips from the bait-dunkers, you guys really are the true pros.

Actually COs can enforce the no motor rules on rivers. As too can RCMP, and all peice officers. And yes I too have limited posts. But those are the rules. And if it is a hatchery steelhead and it does not say "release all steelhead" by all means it your right.

Actually COs can enforce the no motor rules on rivers. As too can RCMP, and all peice officers. And yes I too have limited posts. But those are the rules. And if it is a hatchery steelhead and it does not say "release all steelhead" by all means it your right.

Hey vi fly i'll say it again your WRONG!!!All peace officers cannott enforce the motor restriction!!!Can a corrections officer enforce this???No they cant!!A peace officer is only a peace officer while on duty!!Yes the rcmp can enforce this but have bigger fish too fry then some madman racing around the cowie in a jet boat!!Ive never seen a jet on the cow yet but it would sure be fun too race by saysells place full tilt giving him the one finger wave!!

Hey vi fly i'll say it again your WRONG!!!All peace officers cannott enforce the motor restriction!!!Can a corrections officer enforce this???No they cant!!A peace officer is only a peace officer while on duty!!Yes the rcmp can enforce this but have bigger fish too fry then some madman racing around the cowie in a jet boat!!Ive never seen a jet on the cow yet but it would sure be fun too race by saysells place full tilt giving him the one finger wave!!

Vince, that is honestly the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You are a beautiful example of whats wrong in our world. I used to know a guy from sooke who sounded like you, he drank motor oil to impress the ladies and then smashed bottles on his own head until it bled. Cool. Kinda like fingering Joe Saysell,

Vince, that is honestly the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You are a beautiful example of whats wrong in our world. I used to know a guy from sooke who sounded like you, he drank motor oil to impress the ladies and then smashed bottles on his own head until it bled. Cool. Kinda like fingering Joe Saysell,

Hey Careyspecial or is it mouthouse......dont tell me saysell actually has a friend????Although he does have a god like complex???

Hey Careyspecial or is it mouthouse......dont tell me saysell actually has a friend????Although he does have a god like complex???

Anyone who has spent anytime on the water should be aware of the effect of the huge influxes of water on the river's bedload and the shifting of spawning gravel with the flows. Clearly detrimental to redds. Are the jetters ignorant to the fact that their jets also damage redds in the shallows? Or am I to believe that the jets are angled just so to prevent bed damage? I've witnessed more than one amateur on the Nitnat sucking gravel into the intake. Not to focus on the jets, I know lots of drifters who aren't careful of where they drag their anchors...through the same spawning areas. Perhaps we should all take a moment to think of how we can improve or protect the fishes environment. Jets have a place on our larger systems, I just question the need for them on smaller systems, like the Cowichan and Nitnat. Besides, I'm sure they burn more gas in a days fishing than a shuttle would cost. To me, quietly floating down a river and sharing the experience with the bears, elk and eagles adds to the majesty of the day. It is not just about the fishing. Sending everything scrambling for cover with the roar of a jet just cheats you and your clientel of the 'full' experience available. Tight lines, guys!

Anyone who has spent anytime on the water should be aware of the effect of the huge influxes of water on the river's bedload and the shifting of spawning gravel with the flows. Clearly detrimental to redds. Are the jetters ignorant to the fact that their jets also damage redds in the shallows? Or am I to believe that the jets are angled just so to prevent bed damage? I've witnessed more than one amateur on the Nitnat sucking gravel into the intake. Not to focus on the jets, I know lots of drifters who aren't careful of where they drag their anchors...through the same spawning areas. Perhaps we should all take a moment to think of how we can improve or protect the fishes environment. Jets have a place on our larger systems, I just question the need for them on smaller systems, like the Cowichan and Nitnat. Besides, I'm sure they burn more gas in a days fishing than a shuttle would cost. To me, quietly floating down a river and sharing the experience with the bears, elk and eagles adds to the majesty of the day. It is not just about the fishing. Sending everything scrambling for cover with the roar of a jet just cheats you and your clientel of the 'full' experience available. Tight lines, guys!

Well put Cowboy....and by the way vinnie g-man the only reason I posted on here was to get rid of the mouthiest one....got into some steel on one of the lesser fished creeks this morning, cold day but perfect and quite the fight, I brought my 5 wt hardy clicker by accident and had to use it with the sage 8...not the best combo for loading the rod but gotta love that hardy sound on the runs....woohoo.

"Bags just called he said he took his sled into the lake pool and pounded on em good!!!Gooey bobs were all he needed!!!Good mix of wints ans sums and a couple real biggies!Theeeeeere Heeere!!!"

So who should have been called here to enforce the motor restrictions?

Back