Radar Arch and Mod's

Raw aluminum is great.... I'd love to to take all the decaling off and rough up all the aluminum like his did the transom.

Still a boarding ladder to come. Might already be on there for all I know and the intsulation of the arch.

Then onto rigging and getting her wet..... :)

Home for so rigging today... Monday more welding. Tuesday motors go back on. Wednesday hope to wrap everything up in the AM and get back to some killing in the afternoon :)

Even going to put in dual battery's during this project.
What kind of controller are you going to use? I've just installed a Blue Seas Add a Battery kit with an ACR to control my system and take all the guesswork out of making sure I have a fully charged starting battery.

I bought the same unit today and it's going back..... I never sit on the hook or sit around for any period of time with power on. Either I am fishing or its on the trailer with the power turned off. My stereo is rechargeable, my VHF hardly ever gets turned on any more and if I am not fishing or running my GPS gets turned off.

Don't see any reason to have it.

Any thoughts on having 2 6v's rather then 2 12's? I only have a 90hp and will be upgrading to a 115. Don't see why I can't.

Given your use, I'm not sure why you'd bother with 2 6 volts. They're heavier and more expensive - and while they will give you more amp hours, I don't think you need them. Assuming your new kicker charges, I'm not even sure you need a second battery. Your biggest draw is your down riggers and you're running your kicker when you using those so the battery drain isn't all that significant.

How about a Blue Seas 1-Both switch? Run on both and switch to 1 if I am ever not fishing LOL Better chance of be in the off position.

Did you delete you post about adding a a charging system? I have thought about being able to plug my boat in on my driveway. Might be a great way to keep my in prime shape.

How about a Blue Seas 1-Both switch? Run on both and switch to 1 if I am ever not fishing LOL Better chance of be in the off position.

Did you delete you post about adding a a charging system? I have thought about being able to plug my boat in on my driveway. Might be a great way to keep my in prime shape.

Anything that will allow you to isolate your starting battery but charge them both when you're running will work. I still like the ACR system as it means you don't have to worry about any switching. The system keeps the battery loads separate and the ACR ensures the starting battery is always charged.
I didn't post about adding a charging system, I sent you an email about it. The charger I uses isn't permanently mounted in the boat, its a simple battery tender I bought at CT and plug into the 12V accessory outlet on my dash when my boat is in the driveway. It keeps a low amp constant charge running to the batteries when I'm parked.
Thought I might drop around this afternoon sometime to drop off my Derby cheque - if you're going to be around.

I just found the email.... And was going to edit my post, to late.... :)

I am around today for the most part. Just give me a call. I'll gladly except your derby entry.

Will be in and out grabbing parts..... Thinking and rethinking the lay out so it all goes back perfectly.

I went as far as to add the second battery and bluesea 1,2 or both switch .. then I realized it was extra weight I didn't need and as Bigbruce said, as long as you have the kicker going your fine..i have a brand new discount battery in the shed now..going to use it for the tin boat electric motor..looks good man your almost there!

I have run one battery for years... And it's been ok. But when your out prawning and fishing great depths you get tired of watching your battery holding at 11v's well doing so. Then there's trying to start you main afterwards even when you've been running your kicker the hole time that normally holds your battery at 14v's any other time. And don't even start to think its my battery as I change it every couple years considering the abuse it gets on my boat.

I need amps............

I have run one battery for years... And it's been ok. But when your out prawning and fishing great depths you get tired of watching your battery holding at 11v's well doing so. Then there's trying to start you main afterwards even when you've been running your kicker the hole time that normally holds your battery at 14v's any other time. And don't even start to think its my battery as I change it every couple years considering the abuse it gets on my boat.

I need amps............

I agree with you and I think a simple 1,2 both switch is the ticket. Just isolate a battery to make sure you have a start and then keep them both charged up. If you want you can isolate different batteries based on an odd even day thing if it makes you feel better and to give them an even work load.

I agree with you and I think a simple 1,2 both switch is the ticket. Just isolate a battery to make sure you have a start and then keep them both charged up. If you want you can isolate different batteries based on an odd even day thing if it makes you feel better and to give them an even work load.

I have been wanting to install something like this, but I have so much weight ( and no space ) near the transom of my boat. Can a second battery be installed near the bow of my boat on a switch? What gauge line would I need to do such a thing?

Back