Radar Arch and Mod's

You don't see too many hull extensions mostly pods,any other reasons besides stability u went with a extension rather than a pod,I have heard alot of positive things about pods and nothing about extensions

Got ya, thanks for clearing that up for me. I like the extension, more stability and a full size platform to stack crab,prawn traps etc... Or in Sculpin's case.....the bleed bucket!!!

You don't see too many hull extensions mostly pods,any other reasons besides stability u went with a extension rather than a pod,I have heard alot of positive things about pods and nothing about extensions

the idea is to add buoyancy/floatation in the rear to allow for a heavier motor, and at the same time will promote a better "bow down" angle at speed and enterance angle for chop/waves...the extra waterline length will also raise the hull speed and help with ride quality in the nasty stuff...

correct me if I am wrong FA, but these are usually the reasons...same reasons as a floatation pod, just a pod on steroids I guess lol

I need the extra flotation and stability to put a new motor some day. My motor is 262 lbs and most motors I have looked at it to replace it with are around 350lbs.

Extensions cost more :)
Pods are a cheap alternative.

Extensions are nearly double the cost of a pod.

That's exactly what I need,but I'd like to do it my self,my goal in the next few years is to be building aluminum boats
e6ary4uz.jpg

I wanted to do the same thing this winter but never managed to find someone that would give me a quote. Cost plus is how they wanted to do it and that can be a little scary. Maybe I need to take mine to the Island next winter. Who's doing your work? I saw you posted that Wolfe quoted you 3 grand in an earlier post but you didn't want to wait. I'd be all over that.

I wanted to do the same thing this winter but never managed to find someone that would give me a quote. Cost plus is how they wanted to do it and that can be a little scary. Maybe I need to take mine to the Island next winter. Who's doing your work? I saw you posted that Wolfe quoted you 3 grand in an earlier post but you didn't want to wait. I'd be all over that.

PM sent.....

SO let me get this straight?? your just extending the haul so the dance-floor doesn't get any bigger? your just getting more flotation and room for a lot more traps n stuff? I was under the impression the you were moving the transom back 18 inches..

I need the extra flotation and stability to put a new motor some day. My motor is 262 lbs and most motors I have looked at it to replace it with are around 350lbs.

Extensions are like the size of your penis obviously LOL!!!:D

It all depends on what you want to do with your vessel :cool:.

In Owens case he wants to put larger, heavier hp, on the back of his vessel in the future. When this full hull extension is done, and he run's his existing motor on it, he will be too "floaty" in the stern and be bow heavy. This could cause problems with performance of his vessel. He needs to buy that heavier motor right now so that the vessel it balanced out so to speak:).

Full hull extension / floatation, "pods" can cause major performance issues if not calculated properly for the extra "lift" they create. It doesn't take much cubic volume to totally through the balance off.

Last edited by a moderator:

I want to extend my boat.Not a pod or hull extension but a full lengthening.Did you get any quotes for that? It seems like if im spending good dollars on my boat i would be best off to get all the extra room from a proper extension.

Back