Quick note about Kitty Coleman Hump

GLG

To my surprise a few people have told me that fishing on the Kitty Coleman hump is non-retention. After asking how the knew that they told me that a newspaper article by the Ardent Angler Jeremy Maynard said the Kitty Coleman reef</u> was non-retention. Well to my surprise I went to the local DFO office and the lady there said the same thing. She got word from the conservation officer that the line was on the out side of the hump</u>. Now I don’t expect everyone to be up on GPS co-ordinates but let me assure you the hump</u> is open and the line is somewhere half way between it and the shore. If there is a reef</u> there, this must be what our Ardent Angler and DFO are talking about, not the Kitty hump. If you doubt me go ahead and release your fish. I’m sure there is a few of us that will be happy to pick them up and take them home for the BBQ.

Here is a rough outline of the coordinates.

kitty.jpg

I've humped some kitties while fishing, but never fished kitty's hump. [:0]

Take only what you need.

I've humped some kitties while fishing, but never fished kitty's hump. [:0]

Take only what you need.

Thanks Lazoman for posting the picture. I was going to do the same thing but I gave up. You’re a better man LOL. Got to go the fish are calling. GLG

I counted 60 boats out there today.[:0]
More were coming as we left.
Saw more than a few bent rods.
Most fish were in the high teens low 20's.
Hope all had a good time.
Now go home ... there is no fish here.;)
I thought i saw the Cuba Libre.
I thought that boat was still in dry dock?[:p]
GLG

I didn't make it to Kitty, but we did get a decent spring at Lazo, hence, Lazoman :D
Saw tons of feed, fish and an amazing school of perhaps 2-300 porpoises, skooting along the shores of Pt Holmes heading back and forth, they ended up heading toward the spit. We first heard this strange sound, then saw a strange commotion in the water, then WOW, what a show. Lots of people were along the shore and cars were stopping to watch this amazing site, wondering what it was. Saw that, a beautiful sunset, and a nice one in the tray.

Back